Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TIA

TIA is one of my new favorite acronyms. Emily taught it to us the other day: This Is Africa. Thats what the past two days have been like. I have my first round of "Malawi stomach." Actually, I somehow caught some sort of bacteria from something I ate--not fun! I am on antibiotics and anti-nausea medicine for now. I feel much better...yesterday I felt like I had the flu.

On a good note, we are in the middle of orientation right now. Bech and I are enjoying it. Today we learned about being healthy in Malawi (a day too late!). Also we talked a lot about cross cultural stuff. Very informative and very helpful!

I have no new pictures to put on the blog today. Actually, Bech is the one who has been great about pictures. I will try to be better though!

4 comments:

MandB et al said...

So sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon !!!!

RCO said...

I'm sorry to hear about your "Malawi stomach," but I'm thankful that you are feeling better today and that life there (TIA) is going well...ATC...all things considered! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. What an incredible way to serve the Lord as Kingdom builders.

Liz T. said...

hope you feel better soon! it's tough to be sick in a foreign place I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

aww Marley! i hope you start feeling better reallly soon. i want to hear some of what you've been learning in orientation-- what are some cultural differences you didn't know about?