Monday, May 17, 2010

summer conference

I just got back from a week at the beach for RUF summer conference. We took 6 students and had a wonderful time!

Here we are on Wednesday night. We went out to Cantina Laredo by San Destin, then hung out in San Destin for a little while.


KatieMac and me!

The rest of the pictures are from the dance party...there is really no explanation.











The week really was amazing. We got to hear Jeffrey Lancaster speak at night. As soon as they put the talks online, I will put a link up. I got to hear some great morning seminars as well. I went to a 4 day seminar by the RUF guy at Emory, Hunter Bailey, on why people don't believe. I went to a two day about discipleship by Paul Boyd (I think he might be from MTSU), and a 2 day one called "Designed for Dignity" by Kevin Teasley (Wake Forest RUF).

The talks were amazing, but one of the best parts was the music. We sang about 3 to 4 songs every morning and 5 to 6 songs every evening. When you have that many people singing, its going to be incredible. We sang a lot of new songs. My new favorites are "Father Long Before Creation," "King of Saints," "All Must be Well," and "Come Boldly." I was happy to known that "King of Saints" was on a cd I already owned (I must have just been skipping over it), "The Gadsby Project." But I picked up Indelible Grace 4 and 5 so I could have the rest on cd.

It was a really good time with the students...I got to spend good quality time with the girls. And I get to do this again this July, for RYM. I am chaperoning Faith Pres' youth group. Richie Sessions is the main speaker and I cannot wait!

No comments: