Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween

Happy Halloween!

Halloween this year was really fun.  Jack picked out his costume and was SUPER in character, which was hilarious.  And He was just so excited about the whole day!

We started celebrating on Friday at Jack's school.  The kids all wore their outfits and had a Halloween parade!

Saturday, we watched some Scooby Doo and Curious George's Halloween movie and made pumpkin and bat sugar cookies.  We went to a Trunk or Treat at Jack's school.  We then headed over to our friends' house for some pizza and trick or treating!


Like I said, Jack picked out his costume this year.  I figured we would have a little Darth Vader, but he wanted to be Harry Potter.  I promise, I didn't give him this idea!


And Harry needed his owl, Hedwig.

Hedwig was not a huge fan of his hat or of taking pictures.


Both outfits were pretty easy.  I found an outfit on pinterest for Hedwig and copied it using felt, buttons, a shirt, and a needle and thread (I did sew the hat with a machine but I could easily have hand sewn it).  For Jack, we spray painted his hair black, drew a lightning bolt shaped scar, and threw in a Gryffindor scarf and Harry Potter glasses.


I love my little Harry Potter characters!

EXPELLIARMUS!

1 comment:

Sarah Denley said...

Jack is so ahead of the game. Neither of my kids even know Harry yet!