Friday, May 13, 2016

5 on Friday

Ah, the end of another week.  This past week has been full and fun.  I had a girls night, the MOPS final dinner, a field trip for Jack, and LOTS of time spent outside (we got up to 80 degrees yesterday!).



This week, I'm going to tell you 5 things I am loving.


O     N     E


I had to go back and double check this one, because I think it's crazy I haven't blogged about my newest obsession:

HAMILTON

Y'all, this musical is ah-mazing.  It's a hip hop musical all about Alexander Hamilton.

Sound like a snooze fest to you?  You couldn't be more wrong.  I don't know how, but Lin-Manuel Miranda managed to write an absolutely incredible musical that is jam packed with history.  Want to know who ran for president in 1800?  Oh, I can tell you.  Better yet, I can sing it to you.



Seriously, check this out.  I listen to it on spotify.  

Heads up, some of the songs are not appropriate for little ears so maybe listen to it once through by yourself (or ask me which songs to skip).


T     W     O

I love the idea of a subscription service, but most either don't appeal to me or aren't in our budget.  But a friend told me about MightyFix a couple of months ago.  For $10 a month, you get sustainable kitchen gear.  What you get is always worth at least $10 and usually more than that.

I signed up with a special code and got my first fix (a $20 lifeproof bottle that I use every day) for $5.  But they just gave me a referral email that will give you your first fix for $3.  And then if you want to cancel it after that, you can (it's super easy).  I kept mine and got Bee's Wrap (made in Vermont!) for my second month.  I'm going to keep it until I get a month I don't love, but for now I'm liking everything.

Also, if you are doing the fix, you can add items to your order from the website for free shipping.  I am really liking these reusable lunch napkins and I think I'm going to add them to my next fix.

If you want the referral email to get your first fix for $3, let me know!


T     H     R     E     E

I am loving this weather!  I know it has been warm for the South for a while now, but we are finally getting consistent warm days.  I still miss the parks in State College, but we are slowing finding new favorites around here.

Wednesday afternoon, Bech came home early and we took the boys to one of our favorites, Oakledge Park.  Oakledge is great because there is SO much to do.  It's right on Lake Champlain, so you can play on the rocks by the water.  There's a play structure (not amazing, but still pretty good) and a treehouse.  Plus, there's lots of grass to run around on!


We stopped by Citizen Cider (another one of my favorites) for some Full Nelson cans.  A perfect afternoon!


F     O     U     R

I mentioned this on instagram, that I just recently became a Beachbody coach.  I am not really looking to make a lot; I mostly just want the discount on new workout programs that I buy.

Since I am now a coach, I figured that I should try Shakeology for a month.  Shakeology is Beachbody's "dense super food nutrition" (their words) shake.  

Honestly, I didn't have high hopes.  For the past 3 1/2 months, I have been buying cheapo protein powder off of Amazon and making my own shakes with fruit and cottage cheese or greek yogurt.  I thought they were pretty good and waaay cheaper.  Plus, I had seen that a lot of people added veggies and fruits to their shakes, which adds to the overall cost (if you are factoring it into your budget as a meal replacement--usually breakfast).

I have been drinking shakeology for 12 days now (since I started Focus T25 on May 2nd) and I have to admit that I am sold, which totally surprises me.  Okay, here's what I love.  First of all, I haven't been adding a ton to it.  Usually I'm just adding a liquid, so almond milk, water, or OJ, and ice.  Second, they are way more filling than my protein shakes were.  I guess that's because they have more than just protein in it (so, duh), but it surprised me.  Finally, and this one caught me way off guard, they are sweet and thus I feel like I got my sweet treat for the day.  I was struggling on the 21 day fix as far as sweet things were concerned.  I would stick to the meal plan most of the time, but if I cheated, it was always for something sweet.  Now, I am not really craving the sweets, and shakeology is the only thing different I am doing.  That right there is enough to make me a believer.

If you are interested, let me know and I can tell you more.  Plus you can make me your coach (I am sure my mom is cracking up at that, I am not normally the athletic type!) and be in a facebook challege group for accountability.


F     I     V     E

This isn't something I love.  This is a confession.

For the past year, I have been rewatching Gilmore Girls.  I watched it live, I rewatched it through in Malawi, so I guess this is the 3rd go around for me (although I have watched various seasons and episodes again as well).  I am on the 7th season, so almost done.

Here's where the confession comes in.  I am Team Jess, no big deal.  Everyone loves him.

But I'm also Team Chris.

I know, I know, so lame!  But I can't help it.  I love Chris.  He's Rorie's dad.  He's always loved Lorelai.  He's cute.  There it is.  I have finally come clean.  Please tell me I'm not alone and that all the Team Luke people don't hate me.



Welp, there it is!  Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

The older I get, the more I like Jess over Logan. But I still think Logan is cuter (no surprise there considering who I married). I actually hope that Rory ends up with someone completely different (and I think it's necessary to marry her off or else they'll need more reboots to catch up on her love life).

I'm still team Luke. All the way. Max was a good second. Chris may even be behind Alex. But at least he's ahead of Jason. I've always thought that Chris was too immature (not that Lorelai is the picture of maturity). Chris always acted like he's the high school boy pining after his high school ex-girlfriend.