Saturday, May 19, 2018

Life Lately

While I was working on my April books post, I started looking at some of my past posts.  Lately, we have been so busy that all I have time for is my book posts (which I do mostly for me, to help track what I've read and what I think about the books).  I was reading past posts, 5 on Friday, what I'm loving, and what our boys our up to.  And I realized I miss those!  I decided to play a little catch up, so I don't forget this past year!


January

January was a BIG month for us!  We bought our first house.  We closed on the 10th, but didn't move until the 28th.  So we spent every spare second at the new house.  I painted all of the bedrooms.  Bech painted the dark paneling AND pulled up the carpet and refinished the floors.  


White paint on paneling and wood floors (before Bech refinished them) compared to the ugly carpet and dark paneling


The floors mid refinishing


Ahhh, beautiful refinished floors!


This man was seriously the MVP of January!


Our rental house looking all sorts of cray cray while we packed


We did fit in a little fun.  Here's Gil on ice skates for the first time.


February

In February, we crashed.  Seriously.


Every single one of us got the flu.  Ughhhh....


We also drove down to DC and spent several days with Ansley.  The boys loved getting a special capitol tour from their Aunt.



The view from the Speaker's balcony


Jack posing with Vermont's Ethan Allen


We also went on a White House tour.  Jack loved it...


...Gil was not impressed.


This kid is such a little poser.


We swung by Philly on our way home to visit our favorites, the Lugos.


And since Rita's had just opened for the season, we HAD to get some.


These kids are the best car travelers!


March


March was a snowy, snowy month for Vermont. 


We enjoyed a snow day together building a massive snowman.  

I will also be regretting that snow day come June, when I have to make up that snow day with in service.  Because Vermont doesn't build in snow days.  Mississippi, you need to take this moment to bask in the brilliance of built in hurricane days.  And Vermont, seriously???  It ALWAYS snows.  Why don't you build in some snow days?




And we slid down the back stairs.


We had friends over a bunch!  One night I pulled the last of the past summer's frozen blueberries out so make Bread and Wine's blueberry crumble.


We celebrated sweet Eleanor's first birthday with a beautiful unicorn party.


Jack finally read the original Jack.


And we kept hammering away at house work.


April


 



The boys opened their Easter happies.  Most notable present is Jack's watch: now when I tell him it's bedtime, he quickly corrects me.  Maybe I should have set the time wrong...


Jack, as usual, was a willing Easter photo taker.


Gil was, well Gil.


But he cheesed it up with his main squeeze, Viv.


Jack built legos and read, his two favorite things.


Also, I think the whole sibling things is going well, wouldn't you say?

Also, they share a room, so there's that...


We celebrated our favorite, Bech, with a mint chocolate chip cake.


And we had our first creemees of the year.


Jack on top of the UVM mascot, the catamount


I got to spend some time with my friends (Stowe Cider may have been involved...).


The boys and I have been really into cake baking videos lately, so we've been trying our hand at baking.  We made an ombre cake for a potluck we hosted.


And I decided to try my hand at gardening!  We are still doing our summer CSA, but I would love to eventually stop that and grow all of our summer veggies.  Here are my baby seedlings.


Whew, there's a speed recap of the past four months.  It's been busy and crazy and good.  I can't believe my first year back teaching is almost done (19 school days, but who's counting?), Jack is almost a rising 2nd grader, and Gil is almost a legit preschooler.  

We have lots of fun summer plans in the works, including a camping trip or two, a visit to Asheville, and a trip down south.  I can't wait!



SaveSave

No comments: