Monday, March 3, 2008

a little about malawi....

most of these pictures are actually stolen from google. i have some of my own, but they aren't on the computer...
here is where malawi is in africa...


as you can see, malawi is not a big country...
here is malawi again...

the big lake on the right is called lake malawi, and its beautiful!

next, this is a picture of some local crafts sold in the market by the post office. i loved this part of malawi, and bech is really excited about seing art like this and talking to the people that made it. its incredible to think that none of these men have had any training in art at all! and this work is incredible!

and finally, here are some pictures i took the first time i was over there...










the first four pictures are of children in malawi. most are from the chimbalama (spelling?) orphanage, which is right across the street from the college. one is of a child in a village a little big out from lilongwe. the last one is of a sunset in zambia...isn't it amazing!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Marley and Bech- I'm so excited for yall!! I didnt realize that yall were looking so seriously into the mission field. What are your long-term plans?? When do you leave?

Catherine Sledge said...

that's pretty incredible. i'm proud of y'all. keep updating this--i will be reading!

Courtney said...

Hey Mar! I set up my own blogspace profile so that I can comment on yours when you leave. I love you!

brgimrp said...

I miss you! I am terribly excited. Please call me when you get a chance. I'm sure you're up to your ears in getting the news out, but I'd love to swap updates.
Lots of love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

O my-- these pictures stir my heart. so glad you'll be blogging while there!