Monday, November 2, 2009

I am absolutely adoring fall. Last week, there were a few warm days (that's Mississippi for you), but its been chilly this weekend. Bech and I have been going to the farmers market and cooking a bunch, which is always fun.

Saturday night (which some of you call Halloween, but it was really Reformation Day), David and I took 15 Millsaps students to Canton to the Canton Corn Maze and Haunted Barn. We had a great time. It's pretty far away (at least 45 minutes). It's been raining in Mississippi for seriously the past 2 months, so the corn maze was REALLY muddy. Some of us went in the actual corn maze which had lots of mud and puzzles. We were so gross, but it was great.


I try to make some sort of snack each week for MCF. This past week I made pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese icing...here's the recipe. They taste so good...sort of like an early Thanksgiving treat!


Okay, I know Bech and I are weird because we take pictures of our food. But sometimes food is just so pretty! Here is a salsa verde Bech made for our chicken the other night.


Here is some grilled chicken with salsa verde, mashed sweet potatoes (made with sweet potatoes that Bech's brother grew), and green beans with lemon juice. I just love all of the different colors.



This weekend is going to be busy. It's Mistletoe Marketplace, which is a huge Christmas market put on by the Junior League of Jackson each year. It's one of my favorite times of the year, probably actually my favorite second to Christmas. Plus, we have RUF fall conference this weekend. I am going to be very busy!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love food photos!! They are so not weird!