Tuesday, February 23, 2010

movies

Bech and I got Netflix last August, but we spent the first 5 months watching 5 seasons of NCIS. We couldn't decide on a new tv show to watch after NCIS (which we love), so we have been watching a lot of movies lately. We also have seen several movies at the theatre lately, which is pretty unusual for us.

Sunday, we watched Percy Jackson & the Olympians...amazing! I loved it! I mean, everything wasn't right on with Greek and Roman myth, but I thought they did a great job. The story was really interesting, and I loved their portrayal of classical characters.


Bech and I also watched Avatar...again, so amazing! The story is pretty much a Pocahontas/John Smith story, but its the scenery and colors that make it so amazing. Pandora, the planet from the movie, is full of bioluminescent flowers and plants...so cool. I would suggest going to see it, if only because this movie really will set the bar for future movies.


This movie is coming out next week...I can NOT wait! I love Tim Burton and I love Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I am rereading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass right now in preparation for the movie. Although, from what I've heard, the movie is going to be a total new story line, almost a sequel to the first two. But who can resist Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter?


Another movie which is related to Alice is Phoebe in Wonderland. It is about a little girl who is obsessed with Alice's world. It is so good...and its on Netflix watch instantly.

Bech and I watched The Constant Gardener the other day on Netflix. I remember wanting to see it when it came out, but I think it was right before we left for Malawi. It is a really intense movie with a good amount of violence. But it is an incredible story. It takes place, for the most part, in Kenya and few other parts in Africa.


Friday night, Courtney and I are going to see Valentines Day...I am so excited!!!

We have a bunch of good movies coming up on our Netflix queue: The Proposal, Time Traveler's Wife, Where the Wild Things Are.

Any suggestions for more movies to add?

No comments: