Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Gil at 3 Months

***I will add the pictures later!***

Baby Gil, you are 3 months old!



Gil is weighing in at 12 lbs, 8 ounces (20%), as of this past Friday.  Which is yet another drop in percentile.  He started out so big and is just not gaining that much!  But he just doesn't love eating.  It's so different than Jack as a baby--that kid would have eaten constantly, if I let him!  But Gil nurses for a little bit and then he's done.  I've even started trying to offer him a bottle of pumped milk afterward and he won't have it.  Hopefully his weight will settle into a percentile soon!

He wears 3 to 6 month clothes.  He is a LONG baby!  Where do I get these tall kids?  He's in size 2 disposables, and his cloth diapers are set to small sizes too (although I did switch out the newborn inserts).



I feel like we are finally over the colicky-ness, or at least almost!  Gil still has some moments at bedtime, but he's a pretty happy baby the rest of the time.  He is struggling some with naps.  I am sure this trip down South is going to wreak havoc on his schedule.  I am not looking forward to fixing it when we get home!

He isn't a huge dream feed fan, so I've quit doing that.  I wish he was, because I could get a longer stretch of sleep, but he just wants to sleep through it!  He is slowly stretching out his night sleep.  A 5 1/2 hour stretch is the normal now, but he has given us several 6 or 6 1/2 hour stretches lately.  At this point, Jack was sleeping 8 hours at night, but Gil is tinier.  He just needs to eat more, and I am encouraged when I see his stretches getting gradually longer.



Gil is a pretty sweet little guy.  He's not a big laugher, but his smiles completely melt me!  He is the cuddliest little guy!

Likes: cuddles, being held, people watching

Dislikes: getting buckled into his car seat, riding in the car (sometimes...sometimes he loves it!)



This is going to be a big month for Gil.  We are leaving tonight to fly to Mississippi, where he will meet lots of family.  I know my little cuddle bug is going to love all of the hugging and holding!


Happy 3 Months, sweet Baby Gil!


No comments: