Friday, September 18, 2015

5 on Friday, Food Edition

I thought I'd switch up 5 on Friday a bit this week and go with a theme.  I'm almost completely unpacked and we have a somewhat normal schedule again.  Which means I've been doing a TON of cooking!  I have some cookbooks, but I end up getting a good amount of my recipes from pinterest.  It's just so easy!


O     N     E

Jack and I made these pumpkin cream cheese muffins the other day.  They were incredible!



I actually already blogged about them, but wanted to share again.  They were the perfect amount of pumpkin and great for breakfast.  We ate them throughout the week.  In fact, I am going to whip up another batch this afternoon.


T     W     O

We eat a lot of veggie only meals in our house, and we all love tacos, so this meal seemed perfect!  I made these Honey Lime Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Corn tacos last week and we were all fans.  


They were really filling and had great flavor.


T     H     R     E     E

For Gil's birthday, I made an old favorite, Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with cream cheese icing.  I first made them in 2009, and I've made them every fall since.


Everyone in our house loves these cupcakes...they are always a win!


F     O     U     R

If you aren't following Skinny Taste on Pinterest or on her blog, you are crazy.  I even have her cookbook, I love her recipes that much!

I have cooked MANY of her recipes and I have only once not liked the food.  Her recipes are healthy and low cal, but really filling and full of great flavor.  Her Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken was another success!



Even though I used less chicken than the recipe called for, we still had leftovers.  I used some of the meat to make a quesadilla the next day and it was great! 


F     I     V     E

I am big fan of chipotle, the restaurant and the spice.  Again, we eat a lot of meatless meals, so I knew I had to try to make this Burrito Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Sauce.



These were SO good!  The chipotle sauce was the perfect amount of spice.  Bech and I both loved these and then used the leftover sauce for the next two days.



Even though I've been cooking some pumpkin flavored items, I've steered clear of my regular fall recipes thus far.  It's going to be 86 degrees here today!  But by next week, we should be down to the 60's, so I'll start making soups and chilis soon!

No comments: