Friday, September 4, 2015

5 on Friday

The fact that I have the time and energy (and internet connection!) to do this post means I am getting closer to a new normal! 

O     N     E

We are almost all the way unpacked!  I would say we are 95% of the way unpacked.  Now we are left with that last little bit, the couple of boxes that are just so hard to find places for!

I am really excited because we are kind of doing some different things in this new place.  I got some bright curtains for downstairs.  We ordered hairpin legs to add to the tabletop top that Bech built.  We have a new gray couch.  So lots of new colors and looks going on downstairs.  Once I feel like it's somewhat put together, I'll add some pictures. 


T     W     O

It's almost fall!  It's no secret that fall is my FAVORITE.  Seriously, I love fall a lot.

So I've turned to my Fall Food Pinterest board.



I made these pumpkin cream cheese muffins and we all snacked on them all week.  So yummy!  It was the perfect mix of sweet and pumpkin-y.

Sidenote, check out what's in the stores already?  Frosted Sugar Cookie coffee creamer!  That stuff is absolutely amazing.


T     H     R     E     E

I've talked before about my love for Louise Penny.  She's a Canadian mystery writer, and I love her books!



The past couple of years her new books have been released in August.  I've been pre-ordering them so I can read them right away, and this year was no different.  The new book is SO good!  If you like mysteries, you should check her out.


F     O     U     R

I'm going to be honest with you all right now.  I swore I wasn't going to watch Bachelor in Paradise.  I promised myself I wouldn't.  I mean, c'mon, it looks pretty trashy.  But then I read Pinterest Told Me To's blog recaps.  Y'all, if you watch this show or Bachelor, you should read her recaps.  They are HILARIOUS.

Anyway, after reading her recaps, I couldn't resist.  I've been catching up on the series.  Anyone else watching?



I do have a question:  What am I not seeing in Jared?  ALL of the girls wanted to meet him and date him.  I just don't get it?


F     I     V     E

Jack starts school next week!  Yay!  

I love my little Jackie boy, but we both need a break from each other.  We have been together NON stop for a month.  Jack does really well at school and with other kids.  He has always thrived in those kind of situations.  

And I am glad to get some one on one time with Gil and, while Gil naps, some me time.  I still have so much to do around the house and I am looking forward to grocery shopping with just one little boy!  

So be on the lookout for first day of school pictures next week!


I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

No comments: