Wednesday, April 27, 2016

One Last Trip to DC

For the past three years, my sister and brother-in-law have lived in DC.  While we were in PA, they were only 3 1/2 hours away, so we went down a couple of times a semester.  Now that we are further away (9 hours), we haven't gone quite as often.  But they are moving to Atlanta in a couple of weeks, so, since Jack had spring break this past week, I decided to load the boys up and get in some last minute snuggles with my new baby niece.


I woke everyone up super early last Monday, so we could get to DC before traffic hit.  Of course, I then had a flat tire 1 1/2 hours away from DC.  


We pulled off at a gas station in a small town and the boys played around for a while on this stretch of grass.  But it took the roadside assistance guy an hour to come!!!


Hot fudge sundaes from the McDonald's across the street for the win!

Seriously, I never cease to be amazed by how great these boys are when it comes to traveling.  They act up LOTS of other times, but they do so well in the car.  Thank goodness.



Our 10 hour trip (that's including stops) became a 12 hour trip, but we were so glad to get Anne Douglas snuggles in when we arrived.  Jack is a HUGE fan of AD snuggles.


We didn't get out too much (you know how the newborn stage is!), but when we did, this is what it looked like.  3 car seats, one CRV backseat.  I loved snuggling AD, but I also love that my backseat does NOT look like this.


Thanks for a friend's suggestion, we went to this amazing park, Clemyjontri in Langley, twice.  If you are ever in the DC area with kids, check it out.  It's huge and is wheelchair accessible (there is even a ramp swing for a wheelchair).  My boys LOVED it.  


They also loved the warmth!  We had snow in VT yesterday, so my boys were enjoying a whole week in shorts.


These curls!  I just can't even.  Toddler curls are my favorite.


Jack is just smitten with AD.

AD is still not so sure.  Totally understandable, but I bet that she will be obsessed with her big cousins in a year or two!


Gil was fascinated by the breast pump and carried it around like this a lot.

Yup, you aren't going to get anything with that, Gil.


Gil is VERY stingy with his kisses, but he always gave AD at least one a day (more than I get!).  He was also very concerned if she didn't have her pacifier and would bring it to her.


From our second trip to Clemyjontri park.  Gil and Jack had the best time here. 


We did other things, like two Target trips (there are no Targets in Vermont, so I am in withdrawal), ice cream, Shake Shack, and Matchbox.  And I got some AD snuggles in, which was what I wanted.  She is about the sweetest baby, so pretty and petite and with the cutest, craziest hair!  I won't get to see her again until July, so I am glad we went for one last DC visit.

No comments: