Saturday, July 23, 2016

My first stitch fix!

I am jumping on the Stitch Fix bandwagon!

I have been intrigued by Stitch Fix for a while now, but I wasn't sure it was for me.  I never get anything unless it's on sale.  I didn't think I would like it because I would have to pay full price and, even in the lowest range, more than I normally pay for clothes.  But a friend had a referral link that would give me $25 off my first fix (plus I still have some bday money!), so I went for it!

I am SO not a fashion blogger.  I have no idea how to stand or what to do with my hands.  I just feel awkward in front of the camera.  So no judgement, okay?

If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, basically it's a style service.  You sign up, let your stylist know your sizes, your preferred prize range, and what you are looking for.  You can link a pinterest board and your instagram so that she can get more of a feel for what you like.  Your stylist will send you 5 items (it can include jewelry, shoes, etc.).  You pick out what you do or don't want and send back the rest.  You have to pay a $20 styling fee, but it's waived if you buy at least one item.  Plus, if you buy all 5, you get 25% off the whole order.

I told my stylist that I like solids and stripes.  I need items I can wear student teaching.  I need some flats.  And a fun summer top would be nice.  I also linked my pinterest board to my account.

Um, wow, my stylist totally delivered!  Here are my items:

41Hawthorn-Kassidy Faux Wrap Dress, $68


I have mixed feelings on this dress.  I like the length and I like how modest it is.  I don't love the pattern.  I like the way it fits and it would be great to teach in.  But for $68, I need to love it.

Verdict:  Return


Liverpool-Anita Skinny Pant, $78

Brixon Ivy-Elmar Embroidered Cutout Blouse, $64

DV8-Abbey D'Orsay Flats


I was super lazy and just put three items on together.  I'm not sure my stylist meant for this shirt with these pants (she showed them with white jeans in the picture), but I like them together.  I think they will great for student teaching.  This shirt can easily work for fall, winter, and spring--so the whole school year!


These pants were love at first sight for me.  They have pockets and a zipper like jeans, but they fit almost like leggings.  And I love the cutouts in the sleeves of the shirt.

The shoes...eh.  I love the color, but I'm not digging the pointy toes.  And the style of them means I can't wear them with tights in the winter...a big no no in frozen Vermont!


Here's an action shot.  Perfect for carrying kids around in!

Verdict: Keep top and pants, return shoes


Skies are Blue-Deprimo Cutout Back Top, $48



This is probably my second favorite item from the fix (after the black pants).  It's a loose, linen top which will be so fun for the next couple of months.  In fact, I think I'm wearing it tonight out with some friends!

I love the stripes and I love how light it feels.  I also love the cute cutout in the back.

Verdict: Keep


Pretty good for a first fix, right?  I don't think I'll do another one right away, but I definitely want to try again, maybe around Christmas.  The items are pricier than what I normally buy, but they are also better quality than what I normally buy.  I have to admit, I was tempted to buy all 5, because they all work and then I would get 25% off.  But I just don't LOVE the shoes and dress enough to pay that much for them.

If you want to try a fix for yourself,  click through this referral link!


No comments: