Saturday, August 21, 2010

Vermont food

I've already talked a little about the food here, and how amazing it is...I thought I would share some pictures. I mean, really, what would my blog be without pictures. So here we go:


A typical farmer's market meal. Bech made homemade buns, we used Vermont cheese, and grass fed beef, plus a yummy organic tomato!


I got this beautiful tomato from Half-Pint Farms. I hope to buy some good heirloom tomato seeds so I can grow some of my own next year!


Maybe you think I'm weird for going on about that tomato, but look at it! How beautiful is that? God is pretty incredible, and He has created so many beautiful fruits and vegetables for us to enjoy!


Another "local" salad: Vermont local feta, arugula from Digger's Mirth Farm, cherry tomatoes from (where else?) Half-Pint, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette.


Last night, we created another yummy salad. The shrimp was grilled with a spicy dry rub, added to more arugula, tomatoes, avocado, and a spicy orange homemade vinaigrette.


We're heading into fall, so I can not wait to start making good soups out of the root veggies and squash. I am sure there will be tons of pictures of food to come...! But I will try to put lots of pictures of Vermont scenery on my blog as well.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Don't judge my blog's lack of pictures!