Thursday, October 7, 2010

I have been a bad blogger lately. But I have a good reason. We had another set of visitors! Bech's parents came last Thursday night, and left yesterday morning.

Miss Karey is not as much of a leaf-peeper as my mom, but we did do a lot of sightseeing. We drove down to Manchester on Saturday for an arts festival. For lunch, we had brick oven pizza at the festival. It was incredible...we got some with pumpkin, apple, bacon, and gorgonzola...so good!

On our way back, we stopped at Lake Bomoseen, Neshobe vineyards, and Farmer's Diner in Middlebury. If you've ever read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, then you might remember her mentioning this restaurant. When she's on vacation in the summer, her family eats at this restaurant, which serves mostly local food. Bech was not impressed with the food, but I enjoyed what I got!

We got to try out a few new restaurants while they were here, as well as an old favorite, Tiny Thai. Tiny Thai may be my favorite restaurant in the Burlington area so far.

We are sad our visitors are gone, but I definitely need a few weeks to get back on track with schoolwork. I had gotten a little ahead before they all came, so I am not behind. But I do have LOTS to do! I also had my first graduate test this past Monday, but it wasn't too bad.

Here are a few things I LOVE right now:

1. Fresh Apple Cider

Oh-my-lanta! How have I lived without this for so long? Real apple cider is absolutely amazing. We haven't had this brand yet, but I am sure it is wonderful.


2. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, from Bath and Body Works.

It's definitely fall up here and I like my house to smell like it! Speaking of fall, it is cold up here!


3. Fresh Balsam from Bath and Body Works.

I haven't burned this one yet...I am waiting till I get my tree up. But when I do, this candle will be burning 24/7 (don't worry, Mom...not really 24/7!).


By the way, Christmas is 78 days awayyyyyyyy!!!!!!! WHOOOO! I am so excited. I absolutely ADORE all things Christmas. And this year I will have a white Christmas!

No comments: