Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a post...

...about when my parents came, we drove all over northern Vermont, saw lots of leaves, lots of covered bridges, AND a babbling brook!

My parents and Ansley were here for 4 days, and we had a blast.

They got here late Thursday afternoon, so we went to dinner at American Flatbread. It was amazing...I love that restaurant!

They spent Friday mostly on Church Street, shopping and looking around, while Bech worked and I had school. Then we made homemade sushi for dinner.

Mom really wanted to see lots of leaves, so we found them! It was a little early down where we live, but the further north we got, the better the leaves were. On Saturday, we ended up driving all the way to Jay, Vermont, about an hour and a half away. Jay is a popular ski resort. On the way, we stopped at a covered bridge or two, plus a maple syrup store. We ate lunch at Jay's, then took the tram up to the top of the mountain...it was so cold up there! But the view from the tram was absolutely beautiful. And the tram driver said that the leaves were in their peak...score! That was all mom wanted, to see some leaves in their peak!

We drove back down through Smugglers Notch (a steep mountain road, that is actually closed in the winter because it gets dangerous when icy), then through Stowe. We stopped at the Von Trapp Family Lodge for a few pictures, then wandered around the town (it is so cute), before a really good meal at Frida's.

Sunday, they came to visit CMC with us. After lunch, we headed to Shelburne Orchards to pick some apples and eat some delicious apple pie. We also picked up some fresh apple cider...yum! Then we headed to the cute town of Vergennes, just to see a typical small New England town. It felt a little like Star's Hollow! Then back up to Shelburne Vineyards. If anyone from Burlington is reading this post, you should definitely go to the Vineyard. They have wine tasting there for a great price, and it's so fun. Dinner at Vermont Pub and Brewery finished up the day.

On Monday, I had classes again, so my family mostly just packed up. I was sad to see them go, but at least I know I will see them at Christmas. And we had a wonderful time.

My mom took most of the pictures, so as soon as she gets them online, I'll share them. For now, here are the few I took:


Leaves in their peak...aren't they amazing?


Ansley and me at Jay's peak.


At the top of Jay's...so cold!

I have Bech's jacket on, and I look like a green marshmallow. But I really wanted to show y'all how foggy it is on the top!
My favorite picture from the weekend. We stopped at a general store in the Green Mountains for a snack. Bech and Dad decided to pose with the carved bear. I think the look on Bech's face is priceless!

No comments: