Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving...

This year, Bech and I celebrated our first Thanksgiving away from family. We were in Malawi for one Thanksgiving, but that happened to be while my parents and Blaise and Ansley were there visiting us. So this year was our first on our own, and I think we did a pretty good job with it.

My good friend Courtney was here for the week, so I think that helped with us being away from family. We got up, watched the Macy's Day parade, ate orange cinnamon rolls, and worked on lunch. By two, we sat down for a yummy meal.

My favorite part may have been being able to use our china and crystal! This is the first time we have used it.

See our beautiful annieglass chargers...I love them!


Bech cooked the turkey. We bought a whole one, but only cooked part of it for now.

And here is our feast: salad with goat cheese, Vermont apples, and homemade dressing; turkey with homemade cranberry sauce; parmesan thyme rolls; parmesan reggiano rolls; and green bean bundles! Later, Bech made pumpkin pie with maple whipped cream for desert.


We both missed our families, but it ended up being a really fun day!

1 comment:

Liz T. said...

I'm curious :) did you make cornbread dressing or yankee dressing? :)