Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend update

We had a wonderful (and warm!) weekend.

My sister and her fiance came to Baton Rouge for the weekend.

We cooked burgers and just hung out Friday night.


I had to eat one of Jack's treats from KK--Janie's cookies.  I don't know how they do it, but these Brookhaven cookies are the best!

Saturday, Bech worked during the day, so Katy, Dave, Jack, and I headed to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to register!  Katy has registered for china and such at the local stores, but hadn't done all of the appliances and gadgets yet.

We came home and Jack took an epic nap.

After he woke up, we headed out again.  Katy and I wanted to check out Anthro and Urban, so the boys played with the train table at Barnes and Noble.


We finished up the night with dinner at Sammy's Grill.  Crawfish season just started, and Sammy's is supposed to be the place to go in Baton Rouge.  And it was SO good!  Bech and I are wimps, though...we could barely split 5 pounds!

Sunday was a beautiful warm day.  We had a long service at church (communion Sunday), and Jack did not take a great nap when he got home.

So what better way to cheer up a grumpy boy than snowcones!


This was Jack's first official snowcone.  He tasted some last year, but this year he got one all to himself.  He was a fan.  But very serious about eating.



I got the usual...strawberry shortcake with cream.  So good.  Every time.

We headed to the park for some swinging, sliding, and walking.  

Then Bech dared to ask if we were going to watch the super bowl.  

Really, Bech?  The Crawley's are in mourning.  Does their grief mean NOTHING to you?

Needless to say, I opted for Downton instead of the Super Bowl.

I think it was the better decision.

No comments: