Monday, March 4, 2013

Randoms...

A random post...my favorite kind!

* Friday night before the concert, we got to eat in Lafayette.  Ohmylanta, this town is amazing!  There were so many cute looking restaurants.  We ate at Social Southern. I want to go again soon!  I had a grass fed beef burger and sake aged cheddar mac and cheese.  I also had the best drink I have ever had (seriously--the best).


It's hard to get grass fed beef in this state!  I felt like I was back in Vermont, eating at Farmhouse Tap and Grill.  All I was missing was a glass of Citizen Cider.

* My parents watched Jack this past week from Wednesday night until Saturday afternoon.  Even with the concert, I still had a good amount of free time on my hands.  What'd I do?



Reorganize our linen closet.

I had been wanting to reorganize this closet for a while, but didn't want to spend a lot of money on baskets.  Thanks to Ashley's post about great finds at the dollar store, I checked out our local store for some storage baskets.  Score!  Reorganized closet for $6!

I also used the extra time in the morning to grab a Diet Dr. Pepper with Vanilla from Sonic.  


I know, I'm such a wild child, right?  Sonic and reorganized closets?  Whoa!

Bech's parents are watching Jack later this month.  Who knows, I might even break out the label maker?!?

* Last week was not a great cooking week.  I had a ton going on, plus we ate out (either restaurant or a friends house) a couple of nights.  So I decided to get back to my planning this week.

First up, frittata!


Y'all, this was so good!  I cooked up some diced red potato, added eggs, sausage, cooked spinach, and goat cheese.  I put the whole pan in the oven and baked it up.  Everyone was a fan, even Jack.

Tonight, Bech made breakfast for dinner.  I came home late from a faculty meeting and errands and was expecting pancakes and eggs--you know, the norm.  Instead, Bech made homemade cinnamon rolls.  They were delicious!

Let's hope I can keep up my menu for the rest of the week.

* I felt really weird last night not watching Downton.  I miss my time with the Grantham family.  

I will just have to make up for it with the Bachelor.  Oh wait, that ends soon.  

The Office?  Again, about to end (FOR GOOD!).  

At least I still have Ben and Leslie from Parks and Recreation.  



*  Did I mention the fact that I met and took a picture with one of my favorite musicians?  

Yeah, just thought I'd remind y'all.





2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love you new organized closet! :) And that burger looks DELISH!

Danielle said...

That burger looks yummy! Now I want one! I am loving this season of the Bachelor! None of my friends or family watches it so I have no one to discuss it with. Sad story!