Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sick Boy!

The past couple of days, we have had a sick little boy in our house!

First of all, though, I have to share this picture from Friday night.  I got Jack bathed and dressed in his pj's before bed.  But before we went to bed, he HAD to have his red boots on.


These boots were actually my little brother's when he was little.  Blaise wore these boots EVERYwhere (sometimes just the boots).  They are still a little big on Jack, but he loves them!  Mostly because they were his "Bubbie."

Saturday morning, Jack woke up wheezing and coughing, with a fever.  I called my favorite pediatrician, and he said to head to Brookhaven.  When I asked Jack if he wanted to go visit "Doc," he said, "Doc!...Bubbie!"


My dad diagnosed him with croup.  We had a rough Saturday night.  Bech stayed in Baton Rouge, so I was up half of the night with a coughing, wheezing, crying baby.

In the middle of the night, all I could think about was Diana Barry's little sister had croup and Anne (with an "e"!) came over in the middle of the night.  That little girl might have died, but Anne made her drink ipecac and all was well.  Then Anne was invited to sleep in the Barry's spare room.

That was right about when Jack threw up all over me.

I don't think I have any spare room spend the nights in the future.


I had to be back in BR for a tutoring appointment Sunday afternoon, so we headed home while the rest of the family went to church.


But I stopped at Ms. Gussie's (oh, I know, it's Snowhaven now!) for my first Brookhaven snow cone of the year.  Because, sick baby or no sick baby, I have to get my snow cones.  Thank goodness for Seventh Day Adventists who are open on Sunday!

Jack is still slowly recovering.  He's missed the past two days of day care--one with me, and one with Bech.  But he is on the mend and is not contagious anymore, so we are heading back tomorrow.  I think he is going stir crazy in the house.  There is only so much "Thomas" one child (and his parents) can take!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

My first thought when you said that Jack had the croup was "like Diana's sister!"

I hope Jack is feeling better.

Joey S said...

Have you read Rilla of Ingleside, about Anne's daughter? That has a croup story, too!

RCM said...

Poor baby Jack! Baby Mark had croup too. Get well soon!!!