Saturday, May 25, 2013

Katy's Bachelorette Weekend!

My sister is getting married in a little over a month...YAY!

As matron of honor, I was in charge of planning the bachelorette.  My little sister, Ansley, was my co-partner, as maid of honor.

First of all, location.  We had almost decided on New Orleans (even though the beach sounded better!) when Katy's sweet friend Marianna offered up her parent's place.  The house was on Ono Island (in Orange Beach) and slept 12...perfect!


I had never been (or really even heard) of Ono Island before, but it is BEAUTIFUL!  And the house was perfect.

Everyone arrived Friday night at dinner time, although Team Civic pulled up closer to 10.  We talked for a while then headed to bed.

Saturday morning, Ansley, Paige, and I were up bright and early to get everything ready!  We made some muffins to tide the other early risers over then set to work on brunch.  We decided to have a lingerie brunch to enable more beach time!


Here's the brunch spread.  Marianna's parents house was beautiful, which made setting up easy!


Aren't these the cutest!?!  These bra and panties cookies are from Janie's in Brookhaven.


We also had a Nothing Bundt Cake, cinnamon and cream cheese bites (a variation of this recipe and seriously one of my favorite things to make and eat!), fruit and strawberry dip, and sausage rolls.


We had mimosas to drink.

Also, how cute are these plates and napkins.  I had already bought some plates and napkins but found these at Target Thursday night.  I couldn't resist!  If you know my sister, you know these are totally her style!


The lighting isn't great, but I made a scrapbook paper banner.  It says:  "Boom!  Last Fling!"

One of Dave's favorite words is "Boom!"  I don't know why, but my whole family loves it!  In fact, when they got engaged, we had pettifores made that said: "Boom...she said yes!"

Side note.  I just tried to find a picture of those pettifores on Katy's blog.  Instead, I found that Dave commented on the post with (you guessed it!) "BOOM!"


And what southern bachelorette weekend is complete without koozies?  Katy actually made these, and I LOVE mine.  

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Katy.  She got lots of fun (and sexy!) lingerie to wear, there was lots of fun conversation and laughs, and we all came back nice and tanned.  

Just kidding...I came back seriously burned.  But I hope everyone else is tan.

No comments: