Thursday, May 23, 2013

Moving Stress

And again it's been a while since I posted!  Thank you all for your sweet blog and facebook comments about our move.  It was fun to realize that so many of y'all had Pennsylvania connections.  I am sure I will be asking some of y'all lots of questions in the comings weeks!

I have had a crazy past couple of weeks.  School is ending.  Actually yesterday was the student's last day and today and tomorrow the teachers are just working in their classrooms.  

I am so sad to leave this job.  I knew that I would like teaching middle school Latin, but I didn't realize how much!  I absolutely love my kids and I love my jobs.  I love the school I teach at.  I love taking Jack to daycare when I go to school and running over to the Lower School once a day to check in on him.  I am going to miss this job so much!

I am really struggling right now with the move.  I think it's because, for the first time, I have nothing set up in our new spot.  We moved to Malawi first and foremost because I wanted to go back.  We both wanted to move to Jackson, but I got my job at First Pres there before we moved.  We moved to Vermont for my graduate school.  Even though we were planning to move to Baton Rouge for the special student program at LSU, I already had my current job lined up by the end of March.

For once, I have nothing set in stone in Pennsylvania.  I have applied for several jobs and plan on applying for many more in the coming weeks.  But there are no Latin teaching jobs in that area.  

And, to be really honest, this is hard.  I am willing to do whatever so that we complete Bech's graduate program debt free (he already has a stipend and free tuition).  And I know that God will provide me with a job (He always has, wherever we have moved!).  

But even though I know all of this, I am still stressing out.  

Here are some old school Caedmon's Call lyrics that always comfort me when I am stressing out and doubting God's provision:

Well this day's been crazy
But everything's happened on schedulefrom the rain and the coldTo the drink that I spilled on my shirt'Cause You knew how You'd save mebefore I fell dead in the gardenAnd You knew this daylong before You made me out of dirt 
And You know the plans that You have for me And You can't plan the end and not plan the means And so I suppose I just need some peaceJust to get me to sleep.


Anyway, sorry for such a downer of a post!  I would love any and all prayers (and job offers...just kidding...mostly!).

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I know how you feel about the move (except I'm doing it without a 2 year old). Not having concrete financial stability is scary. The move to WY was because of grad school and I had the job lined up here before I moved. I must admit that I'm not a fan of the moving without a job. Even if I had to wait a few months before a job began, I think I would feel better than me moving without having one.

Thank you for the lyrics. It certainly was needed.

PS. I'll ask my mom to add you to her prayer list. Before leaving grad school I was like "I may have to move in with you if I don't have a job" and she told me that wasn't an option and she'd put me on her list. Within a couple of weeks I had a few interviews and a few weeks later I had secured this job. Though I have to admit that it's not working quite as quickly for me this time... :/