Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day Randoms

My mind works best in random lists (not sure what that says about me...).  So here is a random list about what's been going on lately and what I'm into!


O     N     E

It's almost fall, y'all!  Which means all things pumpkin!

I love love LOVE this time of year.  Bech get's a little annoyed this time of year, because I make pumpkin everything and chili once a week.  I can't help it...you only get fall once a year, you need to enjoy it!

I am not a huge PSL fan (I love those flavors, just not in a coffee drink), but the salted caramel mocha is out now as well.  I picked one up on Saturday, but make it a salted caramel white chocolate mocha...sooo good!

I also need to make a run by Bath and Body Works this week to pick up some fall scents.  I do this every year, and it's my favorite thing.  I love to get fall candles and fall soaps.  But, we live in grad housing now and can't have lit candles.  I have one of those candle warmer plates, but I don't think they work as well.

So I'm thinking about switching to some wall flowers.


What do ya'll think?  Anyone ever used these?  


T     W     O

I've waiting to go to Bath and Body Works, because I will have some time this week...because Jack starts preschool on Tuesday!

I am very excited about this.  He is going to preschool at his old daycare, and he LOVES that place.  I know that he will jump right in and enjoy it.  And I am excited because I need a little break, and I will have lots of time to focus on the baby when he gets here!

But I am sad, too.  When did my little baby grow up?


T     H     R     E     E

Jack has decided that he is officially a "big kid."


Here's the big kid himself, running around "neckins" at the Children's Garden!

He started calling me "Mom" (instead of "Mommy" or "Momma") and told me that's what big kids do. I think he could tell that I didn't like it, because he finally switched back to "Mommy" but told me to tell him "Thank you" for calling me that. 

And he definitely is a "big kid" in so many ways, many of which I am super thankful for.  I am glad not to have two boys in cribs or diapers.  And as long as Jack is still my little cuddle bug, he can call himself whatever he wants!


F     O     U     R

Bech, along with some other second year MFA's, organized a show for the beginning a show.  It was entitled Anti-Thesis and is in juxtaposition to the thesis shows the second years will put on in the spring.  Those will be serious and much more refined.  Bech wanted this show to be much more in progress and creative.

Here's his space from the event:


 I love this picture, because it's kind of like looking at our house.  That cup wrack hung in our dining room last year, and is now in our living room.  There is lots of african art on the wall, mixed in with pottery (some made by Bech and some by his favorite potters).

The show had an opening on Thursday night, which was fun and really different from most other openings.  A jazz band performed as well as a dance crew.

This fall, Bech has a second year show in October, and this his big thesis show at the beginning of April!


F     I     V     E

I am 38 weeks pregnant today...ohmylanta!

I do think I have most things ready.  I have met with my doula twice.  I have a freezer full of food.  Baby clothes are washed (stains out) and put up.  The hospital bags are mostly packed.  The car seat is installed.

All that's left on the list is:

* a big brother gift for Jack

* a couple of small sewing projects

* happies for the nurses (I want them to LOVE me!)

Not too bad, right?  And with Jack starting preschool this week, I think I can knock out that list pretty quickly


So that's what's going on here.  I hope y'all have a wonderful Labor Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so excitinggg!! praying for smooth transition. i just love you guys!

The Robbins & Co said...

ahhh!!! you'll be a mama of TWO BOYS any day now! I'm praying!!