Friday, February 27, 2015

5 on Friday!

I've missed out on 5 on Friday the past couple of weeks!

O     N     E

One of my favorite shows ended last night.


I actually don't have a ton of shows I just love.  I have some shows I will watch off and on, but few that I have rarely seen every episode of.  They are: Murder, She Wrote, The Office, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars,  hm...I don't know if there are any others.  I'm behind on Bones.  I never finished House.  I've taken an NCIS break.  So that's about it.

But Parks and Rec was one of those few shows that I just loved.  I have seen every episode (some multiple times).  And I have been sad about the series ending.

But the finale was perfect.  It may be my favorite finale ever.  

Any other Parks and Rec fans?

T     W     O

I'm still doing Weight Watchers.  This Sunday will mark 8 weeks on it, and I've lost about 15 pounds so far!  To be far, Weight Watchers is waaay easier when you are breastfeeding.  I get 14 extra points each day just because Gil is exclusively breastfeeding.

My current favorite meal is an egg and avocado sandwich.  I take a sandwich or bagel thin (3 pp) and smash up 1/4 of an avocado (2 pp) on one half.  I sprinkle a little salt over the avocado then add a sliced up hardboiled egg (2 pp).  I usually top it off with sliced cucumber or tomato.  It is amazing!

T     H     R     E     E

The best part about Weight Watchers is that you get splurge points.  I think they call them "Weekly Points," but splurge just sounds so much better.  It's what makes the diet do-able, in my opinion.  I can still go out with friends or go to a wedding or party and eat.  I just have to save my points for that.

I have been saving my points for tonight!  Some girls from church are going to my favorite restaurant in State College, Happy Valley Brewery.  They have the most amazing short rib nachos.  I think the other food is pretty good too, but I really just eat those nachos.  They are amazing!


Nachos, gin and tonics, and friends?  It should be a great night!


F     O     U     R

The boys and I fly down to Mississippi in 1 week from tomorrow.  Ahhh!  I have flown several times with just Jack, but this will be my first time to fly with both boys BY MYSELF!  I am more than a little nervous.

Being the planner I am, I have already been thinking out every aspect.  I have one layover (in Atlanta). I am going to check a bag (that fee will be well worth it to free up my hands!).  I am going to wear Gil in my Ergo and push Jack in the stroller (a Britax B Agile).  And I am, in the words of Blanche DuBois, going to depend on the kindness of strangers to help me get the stroller folded up at the gate.

I will have Jack's Kindle and some little happies from the Target dollar spot, plus plenty of snacks.  I just hope that Gilly boy will be sweet!


F     I     V     E

That being said, I'm going to Mississippi!  I can't wait!

I love going home for Christmas, but everything is always so busy.  I am ready to just have a relaxing two weeks in the South.  I plan on plenty of walks (because it will actually be warmish, or at least warmer than here), Sonic drinks, a few diet snow cones (darn you, diet), and maybe a little sushi.  Jack is just so ready to see his grandparents and great grandparents!

Bech will be on his lonesome for a little over a week and a half.  I know he will miss us, but he is thankful to have some uninterrupted time to spend in the studio getting ready for his thesis show (the opening in April 6th!).


He can spend all day at the studio, and I'll be sharing the kid load with my family and eating my snow cones...  so unfair, right?


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: