Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Gil at 6 Months

For the first time thus far, I am about two weeks late with the pictures!  Between traveling and Bech being gone at a conference, I just wasn't able to get these pictures on time.  I am consoling myself with the thought that he honestly doesn't look that different than he did two weeks ago.



Baby Gil is 6 months old!

Gil weighs 15 lbs and 14.5 oz (15%).  He is 27 inches long (58%).  His head is 42.8 cm around (27%). It looks like he is just going to be a little guy.

He is mostly into 6 to 9 month cloths, but he has a few 6 month outfits that still fit him.  He is in size 2 diapers, but I got a deal on an Honest Company bundle (for traveling this summer) and went ahead and ordered a size 3.   I think we are close to moving up a size.


This month has been rough as far as sleep goes.  He is doing amazing going to sleep by himself.  But he got bronchiolitis while we were down south.  Between that and teething, it's been a rough month for sleep!  But he seems to be getting back on track which makes a happy momma!

Speaking of teething, he has his two little bottom teeth!  They are pretty darn cute.  He has started rolling over consistently from back to belly (before it was just from belly to back).  He is pretty good at the tripod and I think he will be sitting up by himself in a couple more weeks.

We have tried some solids, but he doesn't really like them.  I think I am going to do more of a baby led weaning approach with Gil, because he likes his food a little chunkier.  Also, I am lazy.


Gil has had a pretty big month.  I flew down south by myself with both boys.  Gil was amazing (Jack was mostly amazing).  He was smiley and sweet and kept flirting with everyone around us!  And both sets of grandparents (and some aunts and uncles) loved getting to see him.  I think he enjoyed being out in the fresh air without a snow suit on!

This age for babies is my favorite.  Gil is just so fun right now!  He loves to laugh and be tickled.  He makes the sweetest little noises.  He is a little cuddle bunny.  I wish I could bottle up this little age!


Likes:  Jack (Jack is his FAVORITE), tickles, teething toys

Dislikes: eating for too long


Happy 6 Months, Baby Gil!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

also likes: hanging out with big dave and KK