Thursday, April 23, 2015

Gil at 7 Months

Only a week late this time!  Not too shabby.  Take that, second kid stereotypes!



Baby Gil is 7 months old!  

I'm not sure on his weight.  We go to the doctor next week for the second round of the flu shot, so I will find out then.  If I had to guess, maybe 16 1/2 lbs?  He is completely in his 6 to 9 month clothes.  He is almost out of size 2 disposable diapers (maybe another month or so) and I just moved up to the size two Thirsties Duowrap covers.



Sleep is slowly getting better.  This month, he had a couple of nights where he started to stretch his sleep out more and more.  I just keep reminding myself that he will eventually sleep through the night.  It will happen.  He is an amazing napper, though.  He goes to sleep really quickly and usually sleeps until his next feeding time.  I am thankful for that because I am usually able to get one quick cat nap a day!



His two little teeth are the cutest, if I do say so myself.  I think it won't be too long before the top two come in.  He chews on EVERYthing and is constantly drooling.

He is still not a fan of solids.  I have been a bit more consistent in offering them to him.  He just doesn't quite get the hang of swallowing something that isn't milk.  He is so different than Jackie boy, who gobbled down anything in front of him!


He is getting to be quite the pro at sitting up (doesn't he look proud of himself here?).  He can get across the room quickly by just rolling around.  I don't think we are too far away from crawling, but he isn't really interested in standing up at all.  Which is good--I am not excited about having two boys to chase!

I was just saying to a friend that this is one of my favorite stages.  Gil can sit up, laugh, babble, and play.  He is an absolute delight right now.  I love seeing every day what knew silly thing he has learned.  And we are starting to see little bits of his personality come through.

Likes:  Jack, toys, being tickled

Dislikes: when you take a toy away from him!


Happy 7 months, Baby Gil!  You are our "favorite favorite!"

No comments: