Friday, May 1, 2015

5 on Friday, Movie Edition

This Friday, instead of a random list, I wanted to share 5 shows/movies that I've watched lately and really enjoyed.  

O     N     E

Cinderella

Okay, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon with this one.



But it was really good, definitely a not just for kids movie.  My mom and I took Jack to see it over spring break, and I loved it.  And now I can't wait for Beauty and the Beast!

T     W     O

The Hundred-Foot Journey

Let's all be honest...Helen Mirren in anything.  Yeah, it's going to be good.



Add in French food and an Indian chef?  

Perfection!

I absolutely loved this movie.  It has great acting, yummy looking food, and, best of all, it's so clean!  We watched it after Jack and Gil were asleep, but they could have been in the room.  I love good movies that I can watch around the boys.


T     H     R     E     E

Broadchurch

This is a British show but it's available on Netflix.  They have released the second season in the UK already, but only the first season is available on Netflix.


This is a British show but it's available on Netflix.  They have released the second season in the UK already, but only the first season is available on Netflix.

This show is amazing, but it's tough to watch.  It's definitely a darker show, which I am normally not a fan of.  It's about the murder of a young boy in a small British coastal town.  What made it so hard is that the story is stretched out over eight 45 minute episodes.  And like I said, it's a small town.  So the murderer is going to have to end up being someone you've seen throughout the episodes, someone with parents, children, a spouse, a back story, etc.  I probably wouldn't watch this show alone, but it is really good.


F     O     U     R

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Y'all, if you haven't watched this show yet, you need to do it ASAP.  Seriously.  It is amazingly funny.


It's got an incredible cast.  Tina Fey is one of the creators of the show.  And it's all that's on Netflix right now is 13 episodes, and they are short.  It's perfect for watching a couple before bed.


F     I     V     E

The Imitation Game

Bech and I have been wanting to see this movie since it came out to theaters.  Sadly, it wasn't playing yet in Mississippi over Christmas (when we had free babysitting!), so we had to wait for it to come to Redbox.


We finally got to watch it last night, and it was even better than I was hoping for.  The story is incredible.  I love Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley.  But one of my favorite aspects is just how clean it was.  The film told a really tough story, but it wasn't filled with gratuitous sex, violence, or language.  Any subject matter or language in the film was necessary for the story.  Of all of these shows and movies, this is by far my favorite!



I have a couple of movies I am really wanting to see:  

The Theory of Everything 

Pitch Perfect 2

Woman in Gold


Have y'all seen anything really good lately?

No comments: