Wednesday, January 6, 2010

new furniture!

We have tons of books and cds. We have a huge bookshelf from ikea, but it can't hold all of our books. We have been looking at craigslist and various flea markets, but haven't found the perfect bookshelf...this is probably due to the fact that we have a really small budget but we want it to be really nice.

Bech was off work for 2 weeks for the holidays, so he decided to build us the perfect bookcase. It turned out wonderfully. He made the middle section for cds, which I have already alphabetized into place (I know, I'm strange, but it makes me happy). The two sides are for books.


It runs along the back of our couch:


I realized as I was taking these pictures that I still haven't posted pictures of our living room, so here it is:


I know, I still have those gold trees up from Christmas...they're on my to do list for today!


The little ball thing on our coffee table is our new favorite toy. Bech's parents gave it to us, and it is a computerized "20 questions" game. It is hilarious to play with, because it really does get it right.


In the above picture, our gas heater is on. That is because it has been FREEZING here in Mississippi. It even snowed yesterday! We are lucky if it snows once in a winter, and we have already had snow (just a little yesterday) twice this winter!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

He finished the bookcase! It looks nice. :)

Unknown said...

your little place looks so great! Also, did the black modular book case you have in picture 4 come from Ikea or did Bech build it? I'm wanting two of those myself for room dividers!

Danica Layne said...

That bookshelf is so nice! Bech is so talented... it looks perfect! also, your living room is adorable!

Jonathan and Jessica Robson said...

hi guys. this is jess..we met briefly last summer at abc. We talked a little about Ohio university, art school etc.... Any future plans to move up north? your new shelves are great by the way : )ps: I have a couple abc questions for you guys. could you email me?
jerin90@gmail.com thanks!