Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanks for all of the blog, email, and facebook congratulations! We are so excited, too!

A couple of more things about the baby:

(1) We are due June 12th. Of course, our doctor told us that only 5% of women have their baby on their due date, but I suppose the baby will come out around that time!

(2) If you do the math, that means we are almost 13 weeks now (next Sunday) by now. We found out pretty early, told our family (who might have told a few people). But I'm kind of old fashioned, so we waited until at least 12 weeks to tell everyone.

(3) I am in school and will continue on with that. Sadly, that means daycare. But I plan to work, and have always planned to work. So daycare has always been in the picture.

(4) We will find out the gender January 10th. We actually are both hoping its a girl, but we will be happy if its a boy, but I feel like there is so much more cute stuff for girls!

And here are a few random things I have noticed about myself so far:

(1) I am so darn emotional! I have been crying at the Baby Story on TLC, crying when Dobby dies in Harry Potter 7, crying for movies, etc. I actually cried the other day because Bech went grocery shopping without me. Then I cried because he cooked an acorn squash.

(2) I haven't craved anything too weird, but I have found myself craving stuff. And of course a lot of it is stuff I can't have, location wise. Like I would give anything for the hummus from Sal and Mookies. Luckily, in less than 2 weeks, I'll be home and can get some! We made sushi the other day and I almost threw up. I was worried this would happen. I still plan on going to Little Tokyo when I get home and seeing if I can get over my aversion.

(3) Speaking of throwing up, I did not have any problems with that. I felt a little nauseous sometimes, but nothing too bad. I am very thankful for that. But I was super exhausted. I would come home, lay on the couch, and not move until bed time. I finally feel like I have energy again, which is nice.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Congrats!!! so happy for y'all :-)

Anna said...

Oh, the biggest heartfelt congratulations to you both! Having a baby is both the hardest and most rewarding thing you can do together all at once.
Praise the Lord you are feeling well, Marley. I didn't have morning sickness either. Best advice I can think of now: just enjoy your pregnancy!
Love to you both, and prayers lifted,
Anna Sayre

Mary Mel said...

And I'm crying reading your post. seriously. I promise we won't ever play "guard your treasure" ever ever again.

glynda said...

June 12th is my birthday and I was born on my mom's birthday - this would be so great if that happened!