Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Babywise Update and New Pictures!

This is one of those post that I don't think most people will find that interesting.  But I do want to document it for both myself and anyone who is doing Babywise.

Our schedule hasn't changed too much since I last posted about it.  The main difference is that we have stopped the cluster feed at night.  So now Jack eats at 7 a.m., 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m., and 7 p.m.  We then put him to bed around 8 or a little after that.  He gets his "dreamfeed" at 10:45 or 11:00.

He then usually wakes up once at night to eat.  After we got back from Mississippi, he was consistently waking up around 4 or 4:30.  Then last Thursday and Friday night he slept all through the night!  Can I just tell you, it was glorious!  Seriously, amazing!  But the past few days he has woken up at 5:15.  

I am totally torn.  I have been feeding him, but just less (cause I want him to still eat well at 7 a.m.).  And he isn't starving at 5 a.m. or anything.  But now I know that he can go the whole night and be fine.

Anyone reading this do Babywise and have this issue?  He is only 10 weeks, so I don't necessarily want to make him cry it out for a day or two to break him of the habit.  I think I may just keep feeding him a little at 5:30 (so he'll go back to bed), and see if he'll drop this middle of the night feed on his own!

And, as you can see below, this boy is not hurting for food!


He's figured out his hands, and I love to see him grasp them together!


Look at those arm rolls!


And those tummy roles!  He is one chunky baby!!!

2 comments:

The Robbins & Co said...

i don't do babywise but lazzy started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. 12 hours straight. SO, i know that chunky babies who eat well throughout the day/evening can sleep through the night and will be ok (although ravenous in the morning!!).

maybe you could just let him fuss for a few minutes and keep yourself from going right in to get him when he starts waking in the night. go as long as you want before getting him and just see what happens. he might just fall back to sleep! that's all i got. i think you guys are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Can't offer advice on feeding, but can assure you you have an adorable son! :o)