Friday, September 9, 2011

Random...








Today is the end of a very long and exhausting week.  So here is a list of all of the random things floating around in my head:

1.  It has started to get chilly here.  Which is fun, because it's fall.  Which is not fun, because that means it's almost winter.  And let me just tell y'all, winter is not fun.  It is cold and long.  The snow is fun for like a couple of weeks.  Then, no more fun.
2.  I need to just try to enjoy the fall, though.  Because I LOVE fall.  And New England falls are absolutely gorgeous.

3.  Josh and Mary Elizabeth (Bech's brother and his wife) are coming to spend a long weekend with us at the end of  September.  We will get to do lots of fun fall things then.  I'm thinking dinner on Church Street, apple picking at Shelburne Orchards, maybe a drive down Smugglers Notch to Stowe (and of course, lunch at Frida's!).

4.  Next Thursday is Bech and my 4 year anniversary.  We usually go out to eat to celebrate, but we aren't really sure what we are going to do this year.  We could get a babysitter and go out, but I'm not really too crazy about that idea.  I know I leave Jack at daycare 3 days a week, but I still am not sure about leaving him again.  We could take him out with us, which is totally doable (we've done that a few times), but that will change where we eat (just so it's more baby friendly).  Maybe Tiny Thai?  I always love that.

5.  On the Baby Jack note, we had some rough sleeping days this past week.  Thursday and Friday night he slept from 8 or 8:30 until 7 a.m. (well we gave him the dream feed at 11, but he sleeps through that).  But then he was back to waking up at least once at night (this time it was more like 5:15).  I tried to figure out if I had done anything different, and I realized that I had--caffeine!  Each of those days, I had at least a cup of coffee.  So I am back off of the caffeine (which I don't normally drink, but I have been so tired lately!).  And last night, Jack didn't wake up once.

I am so thankful that he is sleeping well, and I don't want to do anything that upsets his stomach or anything like that.  But I really miss caffeine.  Last year, I didn't drink very much while I was pregnant, and now this year I won't be either!

6.  Alright, that's about it.  I better get back to my Greek translation! 

Have a wonderful Friday!


1 comment:

Courtney said...

I read a recent study that showed that sometimes it's just the thought of caffeine in a drink that makes it work, not the caffeine itself. So you should try switching to decaf if you want a coffee.