Here are the links:
1. This makes me really sad, as it does Bob Botsford.
2. Bech and I know Bob Botsford! Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration. Bob came to ABC Malawi to do the graduation speech. We met him then and we got to go out to eat with him afterword. I actually sat next to him. So we really do know him.
3. Larry King is really really antagonistic to Bob, which is really frustrating.
4. Jennifer Knapp is really really antagonistic as well. She wants to believe what she wants, view the Bible how she wants to, but Bob is not allowed to. Bob is not allowed to merely (and kindly) say that he is praying for her, he loves her, he will continue to pray for her, etc. She is allowed to have her own opinion, but goodness forbid he does!
5. Jennifer Knapp is really upset that Bob made a blog post talking about how this saddens him. But she is the one who came out. She put herself out in the public. And she is a public figure. He didn't trash her or say lies about her.
6. Bob did a pretty good job under pressure. The only thing I had problems with was when he used the phrase "God changed his mind" twice. Now granted, he only had a short amount of time, so he couldn't totally explain that. But God doesn't change his mind, and we shouldn't use that phrase to describe him. It humanizes God too much.
7. Ted drives me insane! He never commits, he never states an actual fact. He wants the Bible to be open to interpretation. Plus, he insists on calling Bob, "the pastor."
Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts on this show...
New post with pictures coming soon, but first I need to take the pictures (of Bech and my arms!)...