Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Midweek Randoms

I feel like all I ever post are random updates.  But that's just how my mind works!
 1.  Check out this post by my sister.  It is one of the best things I read about Prop. 26.  It spelled out both sides of the issue very clearly.

2.  In case you haven't heard, the amendment did not pass.  I would have voted yes for the amendment, but I do understand the problems many Christians had with the wording.  In a way, I am both heartbroken and relieved at the results.  I wanted this to pass because of what it would mean for abortion in my home state.  But I wish the bill had been more carefully researched.

3.  Today, I am so thankful that I am not called to live for this world.  Don't get me wrong...I believe as Christians, we have a call to care about the politics of the country we live in.  We have a call to fight worldly injustice and to take care of the physical needs of others.  But at the end of the day, when we lose battles, we can rest assured that Christ has already won the war.

4.  Okay, on a lighter note...I am going home for Christmas in 5 weeks!  Yay!  I am so excited. 

5.  Of course that means that this semester is over in 5 weeks--ahhh!  Luckily I have kept ahead on work so it's not going to be crazy.

6.  Does anyone here get the Zulily emails?  Yesterday the high chair of my dreams was on sale.  Bech's mom was asking what she could buy us for Christmas, and I had mentioned that we don't have a high chair yet.  She said to send her links to some we liked.  So when I saw the sale, I sent her a link!  So come Christmas, we will be proud owners of a Svan high chair.  


Seriously, y'all--I have been lusting over this high chair for several years!  And now I own (well almost own) it.  It is going to be so cute for pictures of Jack.  And it's sturdy, so it should last for all 6 of our kids (okay, I shouldn't say that--Bech only wants like 4, but I want 6.  So all 4 to 6 of our kids!).

7.  Jack is now on a 4 hour schedule.  I cannot believe how big he is getting.  It is kind of bittersweet.  I remember when he was a newborn and cluster feeding, and now he eats every 4 hours!  He still gets his dream feed, but I honestly think we are getting close to dropping that.

8.  Today is the first Bible study for the Church plant...so excited!

9.  And finally, because Bech made me move the whole downstairs around last weekend, he said we could decorate for Christmas this weekend!!!  CAN NOT WAIT!

2 comments:

Karen said...

6??? O My Lanta!!! I'm going to call you mama Duggar!!!

Courtney said...

I think "O My Lanta" is the absolute best comment for that part of your post. Six kids?!?!?! That's more than a basketball team. And six years without margaritas (plus breastfeeding time). Do you really think you can handle that?