1. Learn French
I wouldn't necessarily claim to "know" French now, but I passed my reading test! This is a goal I still want to work on, because I want to be able to read and speak it well, but academically I completed this goal!
2. Pass my comprehensive tests
Still working on these. I have been studying some (but I need to study a LOT more!), and I will take them in September.
3. Have consistent quiet times
Yay! I have gotten better at this! One thing that has helped is my iphone. I pull up my Bible app and read through several chapters each night. I would like to add to this, but seeing as I wasn't consistent at all these past two years while in grad school, I am happy with this progress!
4. Learn how to use my camera!
5. Lose 20 to 25 pounds.
Since I wrote this, I have! I would like to still lose about 8 or 10 pounds, but I technically accomplished this goal.
6. Plan a first birthday party for Jack Attack
Done! I think it turned out pretty cute.
We're done!!! We still have to hang up pictures and get dining room chairs, but we are moved!
8. Clean our apartment/Get rid of tons of stuff!
Well, we completed this. I feel like we got rid of a good amount of stuff, but we could always get rid of more.
9. Memorize scripture
Again, a big fat fail. I really want to work on this.
10. Spend more time with BechWe have done okay with this one--not great. But we just met a sweet girl at church Sunday who babysits, so we want to hire her and have a date night soon!
11. Keep up on academics while out of school/Present a paper at a conference
I did present a paper in March, but now I need to work on the first part. I have been doing lots of academic reading for comps, so I guess the real test will be after that's over. I also want to try to present another paper at a conference this next year, so I need to start researching that!
12. Sit by the pool/beach and RELAX!
I definitely accomplished this! I spent a good amount of time this summer laying out and eating a snow cone. Yum!
I'd say I've completed about 7 1/2 of my goals so far...not bad! Now I need to get working on the rest of the goals!