Sunday, July 29, 2012

Getting settled in...

We are almost completely moved in.  This weekend my grandparents came to visit, so that gave us a little bit of a push.  Bech and I always say that having people over is so good for us--after we've moved it helps us get everything put together, and all the time it makes us really clean!

So we got curtains and pictures hung and everything tidied.  And we had a great time with my grandparents.  We even had our first cookout in our new place.

Tomorrow we go to Jack's daycare for a "meet and greet."  I am excited but nervous.  We LOVED our last daycare.  It couldn't have been any better for us.  So I am worried about how the new place will measure up, especially because he will be going 5 days a week instead of 3 like last year.  But the daycare is at my school, so at least if he gets really upset, I can go check on him.

The highlight of the week is for sure my new washer and dryer (well, new to us)!  We picked them up today from a guy (gotta love craigslist) and Bech installed them.  The past four years we have been washer and dryer-less--I am SO excited to have a washer and dryer in our apartment!  Especially with cloth-diapering--Any readers who cloth diaper, imagine doing that in a laundromat!

Jack's room and our room are almost completely done.  The living room still has a ways to go.  We sold our big bookshelf, another bookshelf/entertainment center got damaged in the move, and we got rid of our coffee table a few months before we moved.  So we will slowly be replacing these pieces.

But I have clean clothes...so I am happy!

5 comments:

Kayla Calcote said...

Yay for a washer and dryer! That was mine and Daniel's first purchase once we were married! I can't imagine going years without it! Happy washing! And glad y'all are back in the south!

Ashley said...

We bought our washer & dryer (As well as a ton of other stuff) on CL. LOVE Craigslist!

Sandra Kohlmann said...

That is some serious commitment to cloth diapering! We love using cloth, but I can't imagine having to drag the diapers to a laundromat all the time. Way to go!

Liz T. said...

So happy for you! That must have been tough to do the diaper laundry outside of your apartment!

Danielle said...

Glad you are settling in well! I you have any questions about the area, feel free to ask! We have been here 6 months and still haven't made friends :/ i can not imagine cloth diapering without a washer and dryer. I think i would cry.