I have seen a bunch of other bloggers do this, so I thought I would join. It will be a good filler for my blog while I am working on unpacking...
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging now for a little over 4 years. I started this blog when we announced that we were going to be spending a year at African Bible College in Lilongwe, Malawi. I wanted this blog to be a way for family and friends to keep up with us. I kept it going because I like blogging and I knew we would move several more times for school.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to Millsaps College in Jackson for 2 years. I was a double major in Classics (Latin and Greek) and English. After I met Bech, I transferred to Ole Miss for my last two years. I ended up getting a degree in Classics with an English minor.
Also, I just finished up a two year masters program in Classics at the University of Vermont.
3. Where have you traveled?
I have been to a lot of places in the US--mostly everywhere but the midwest. Internationally, I have been to Malawi, Zambia, Capetown, Jo-burg, Mexico, Canada, and England. I really, really want to go to Italy and Greece!
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A Hybrid car. I know, dorky, right? Then maybe plane tickets to Greece!
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
(a) When people don't put the fresh roll of toilet paper on the holder. C'mon, people, it only takes a few seconds!
(b) When people don't type out words on facebook or texts. Doesn't that drive u crazy 2?
(c) I know that there are lots of other things that drive me crazy, but I honestly can't remember any of those things right now.
6. What is your favorite movie?
Right now it's Moonrise Kingdom. It is an incredible movie. But it's really probably Life is Beautiful.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Of the first options, wine. Of the second, Route 44 Diet Dr. Pepper with Vanilla from Sonic.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
I love to take a bath while watching Murder, She Wrote.
Yeah, I have no possible words to add to that confession that will somehow make me cool. Oh well!
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
There are too many to write on here...
11. What day would you love to relive again?
I would love to relive our wedding or the first day after Jack was born. Just because those days went by so quickly that I can barely remember them!
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Um, well it would have to be someone kind of weird. Honestly I have no idea. That's why I just took an online quiz (and we all know how reliable those are). Apparently, Emma Watson should play me. Alright, I'll take that answer!
Seriously, all of the other people have answers to this question. Do people think about this a lot? I never really have. Who do ya'll think would play me?
Actually a better question is, who would actually watch a movie about me? Or who would opt instead for catching up on Jessica Fletcher's life in Cabot Cove, Maine? I'll stick with Jessica!
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
In high school, I just babysat a lot. In college, I was a summer counselor (at Kanakuk--best kamp in the world), RA, desk worker, and babysitter. My first year out of college, I was a receptionist at a doctor's office.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
An old one, but one of my favorites! This was (I think) taken the Christmas of my Junior year of college.
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
As much as I want to go to Greece/Italy, I'm going to have to go with Antarctica. I really want to go on a 2 to 3 week educational expedition down there.
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
Bech and I with the birthday boy!
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Hopefully I will be working on my PhD in classics and Bech will have gotten his MFA in ceramics. I would love to have at least one other child by that time (who knows how that will work with all of this school!?!).