Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Midweek Randoms and Confessions

Bech has been gone the past couple of days on a boys trip with his dad and brother.  They got tickets to one of the practice days for the Masters.  They had a great time, but I am glad to have Bech back.  Because I am EXHAUSTED!

Seriously, I can't imagine what it must be like to be a single, working mom.  I do a lot of the "domestic" activities around here.  And there are some (not too many) nights where Bech stays late and works on pottery.  So I thought this wouldn't be too bad.  It was just Jack and I from Saturday night until last night.  But I realized how much I depend on Bech just to have a minute off or to not do a menial day to day task.

So here's what's going on around here 
(mixed in with some Midweek Confessions...check the rest out here):

* We try to limit Jack's tv time.  This doesn't really apply to grandparent's houses.  But when he's at home, we usually only watch an episode of Thomas or Mickey Mouse (his two favorites) on the weekends and maybe one during the week.  

While Bech was gone?  One a day!  I needed some quiet time!

* I started Weight Watchers this week.  My sister is getting married in less than three months, so I need to kick it in gear so I can look good as the matron of honor. 

It's going okay so far.  But all I can think about every day is desert.


Particularly this desert.  AMAZING.  Even if you aren't on a diet, you should eat it.

* Yesterday at the library, Jack got called a girl (AGAIN).  It doesn't really bother me; it's just kind of weird.  I feel like Jack looks so much like a boy, and he definitely acts like one.  I was talking to my mom later and told her I thought it was the curls and the smocked outfit.  

Her response: "Don't they know that if he was a girl in smocked clothes we'd have a bow in that child's hair?"

Amen.

* I feel like I'm playing the Sonic system.  It's no secret that I love me some Sonic.  Seriously, it's one of my favorite trivial things about being back down South.  Few things make me happier that buying a Route 44 Diet Dr. Pepper with Vanilla at Happy Hour.  

There is a Sonic about a mile or two from my school, so I tend to frequent it.  In the past month, they've started giving out little survey codes attached to the receipt.  And if you answer it online, you get a free medium drink.  And if you redeem that drink, you get another receipt attached to it with another code for a survey.

Do you see where I'm going?

It's AMAZING.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person dorky enough to keep filling out these codes, and thus the only person taking advantage of this.  

* I am almost to the end of Murder, She Wrote.  I've been working on this show for almost 3 years now.  I don't know what I'll do when I'm done.  I'll need another equally dorky show to fill my time with!  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

RCM said...

I just watched "Cosmos" on netflix streaming and I actually really loved how it was both so dated and still so relevant. But that is if you are okay with admitting you are a SUUUUPER nerd. Like me.

We tried the A-Team for a while and it didn't hold up. The original Star Trek is pretty good... but don't even try and watch He-Man or She-Ra. In fact, stay away from all animation from the 80s.

Can you tell it's been a long New England winter? :P