Wednesday, October 23, 2013

8 Things

Have y'all seen this post floating around the internet?  My friend linked to it (and did her own).  And since I feel like I'm in a blogging slump as of late (okay, fine, I am almost always in a blogging slump!), I thought I would join in!

So here are the 8 things every girl should have:

O   N   E

A Go To Drink

I think I should make categories for this one:

Hot Drink -- White Chocolate Mocha, Skim Milk, No Whipped Cream, 3 shots of Peppermint

every.time.

Cold Drink -- Route 44 Diet Dr. Pepper with Vanilla



And if there is no Sonic, Diet Dr. Pepper

Alcoholic -- Blue Curacao anything.  Totally the way to my heart.

T   W   O

A Go To Karaoke Song

Let's just make this favorite song to sing in the car.  Because I am not about to sing karaoke!

I would go with Taylor Swift.  I love singing along with Taylor Swift.

Or RUF songs.  Because that would go over great in a bar.  

Nothing says "get drunk tonight" like "Jesus I My Cross Have Taken."

T   H   R   E   E

A Uniform

This one totally depends on my job and the weather, so I'll just go with now.

Jeans (Gap or the Loft) and a solid or striped cotton shirt.

Seriously, this may be part of the reason why I keep my closet color coordinated--it's so easy.  All I own is solids or stripes, almost no patterns.

What can I say?  I'm a creature of habit.


F   O   U   R

A Hairstylist They Love

This one is so easy.

Sidney, here's a little shout out for you.  

Sidney is ah-mazing.  I love to go to her for many reasons:

She knows me, so I don't have to make small talk with some random person.

She doesn't make too much fun of me when I read/do homework in her chair.

She can poof my hair like no body else.

She did my hair for Charity Ball, my wedding, Katy's wedding, etc.  

I will do WHATever it takes to not have someone else touch my hair.  She tells me what will look good and does it.  She knows that I always want to do something awful with my hair, and she refuses to do it, which I need.  However, she would not do that to you.  It's only for me, because she knows I make bad hair decisions.

Also, she has the three cutest girls in the world.


Wedding hair.  See, she's pretty good, huh?


F   I   V   E

An Exercise Routine

Um, should I even bother?

I really did use to exercise.  I just haven't made it a priority in a while.  But now exercise consists of walking the hills of Bellefonte with Jack in his stroller.  Which is exercise, albeit not very organized.


S   I   X

A Hobby

Now, hobbies I have.

I LOVE to read.  I would read all day (and obviously not exercise).  I also love to cook and bake and have recently started sewing.

I also adore Christmas.  Can that be a hobby?  Because the amount of time I spend drinking hot cocoa, shopping for Christmas, looking at Christmas things, watching Christmas movies, and singing Christmas music seems like it would make it count!


S   E   V   E   N

A Best Friend

I have several of these.

My mom and my sisters are some of my best friends.  I talk to my mom at least once a day and my sisters at least a couple of times a week.  Not to mention the Braden family texts--which are amazing but, no, you can not be a part of them.

I also have a couple of best friends from all of our moves:  

I get to be in one of my best friends weddings in less than two weeks.  

We went to California to visit my best friend from Malawi.  

I love reading the thoughts of my best friend from high school.

I am seriously missing my best Baton Rouge friend.

And of course, Bech and I have our various couple best friends.

One thing about my friends is that I love people who I can not talk to for three months, see or talk to, and it's like we have seen each other every day.  I just love having people that I feel that comfortable with.


E   I   G   H   T

A Healthy Sense of Self

I hope I have this.  I think I do.  I struggle with contentment and envy (thank you, Pinterest and Instagram), but I think I know who I am and am, for the most part, pretty happy with that.



I'm not sure the original post writer meant this to be individually filled out, but I enjoyed this!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Cheater! j/k!

Big props to Sydney. We know I'm no help in stopping you from making bad hair decisions! :/

And I like your post better than mine. I got really wordy. I think I'm lonely. Conversation seriously lacks when you spend all day talking to a 7 month old dog.

Callie said...

Love Taylor Swift! And you are making me thirsty for Sonic!