Tuesday, March 18, 2014

14 Weeks

When I was pregnant with Jack, I was a little spotty on the pregnancy updates.  I am going to try to be a little more consistent this time, although they may not always contain a picture.



How Far Along:

I am 14 weeks today!  Monday is my changeover day, which makes it easy to remember. (Although, I am going to post this on Tuesday, because I have already posted once today.)

 Baby Size:

The baby is 3 inches long and 1.5 ounces in weight--about the size of a lemon.

Maternity Clothes:

I have been wearing maternity pants for several weeks now.  I could have gone a little longer using the elastic trick (or my bella band), but I am not crazy about either of those options.  I had some Gap reward money, so I have two pair of black maternity pants and a pair of Gap jeans.  

Can I just say, I am loving Gap maternity pants.  The only maternity pants I had last time were from Old Navy, and they were okay.  But Gap has awesome maternity pants.  And if you watch the sales and combine them with ebates offers, the prices aren't too bad.

As far as tops and dresses, I have just been wearing normal in those.  Dresses can last a while non maternity, and my piko tops are perfect for both, too!

Sleep:

Not too bad.  Two weeks ago was really bad, but the past week has gotten better.  2nd trimester, perhaps?

Movement:

Actually, yeah.  Is that crazy?  I felt Jack pretty early (15 weeks?).  I felt this baby at 12 weeks.  It's pretty rare for me to feel him...maybe once or twice a week, but it's definitely a baby movement!

Best Moment This Week:

We shared our news!  

We made it to almost 14 weeks before making it public.  I think it helped that our families knew, plus I told my church friends a while back.  I wasn't bursting to tell the news this time.  My mom was, but I think that was because she told a bunch of her friends and was worried someone would accidentally post to facebook!

Food Cravings:

 Carbs!  I am loving toast, bagels, cereal (that's a carb, right?).  Also, I love cold things...diet coke (I am limiting myself), ice water, vanilla malts.  I also really love Caesar salads right now. 

Food Aversions:

Some meat (we ate at two really yummy burger places in DC, and I didn't eat a burger at either!)  and strong smelling food.

What I Miss:

Margaritas.

Seriously, pregnancy makes me seem like an alcoholic.  This past week, my family got sangrias at one of my favorite DC restaurants.   And, of course, I couldn't partake.  Ughhh...

What I Am Looking Forward To:

Finding out the gender.  We got to find out early last time, but that's not the case here.  We have to wait until 20 weeks.  So a month and half until we know!

Also, and this is not pregnancy related, but it looks like we are (for the most part) done with the snow here!  The 10 day forecast is showing weather in the 40's and high 30's.  I know that doesn't sound amazing to y'all Southerners, but to me, that sounds spectacular.  I am looking forward to putting up my snow boots for the season!

Milestones:

2nd trimester!

Just like with Jack, I was EXHAUSTED during the first trimester.  Working full time and it being freezing outside did not help matters!  But I am definitely feeling more energetic...let's hope that stays!

Pregnancy Symptoms:

Um...hormones out of control.  I cried last week at a pizza restaurant in DC.  Seriously, what is going on?

Gender:

We won't know for 6 more weeks!

1 comment:

The Robbins & Co said...

oh my goodness, i am SO excited for y'all!!

when i was preg with elijah, all i wanted was a bagel with cream cheese. we were in africa. haha!!! BUT, right around my birthday, food worths got in a shipment of philadelphia cream cheese and dan got it for me for my birthday present, haha!! best birthday ever!

I cannot wait to find out the gender! if it's a boy-wow, so much fun! they'll be great buddies. if it's a girl-headbands!!!!!!! win win, right? :)