Tuesday, June 9, 2009

2 week countdown!

We are at the 2 week mark. 2 weeks from today, around this time, we will be landing in the Johannesburg airport and saying goodbye to Josh and Emily Ketchum (at least we get to fly to South Africa with them).

We don't have much left to do! I am working on Jr. High awards day certificates. Our house is almost empty of furniture and everything is strewn on the living room floor, waiting to be packed.
This week is our last full week of school, and it's not even technically a full week. On Friday, we have an "athletics day" (which is just the British term for a field day), so we don't have any classes. Then we have next Monday, and grades are due that afternoon. So Tuesday will just be a fun day, because grades have been turned in. And Wednesday is our last day of school, but it's just until 10. So we only have 2 1/2 hours of school.

Many of my students are leaving. Several of them are going to boarding school in South Africa, others to the British school here in Lilongwe. I have one student going to boarding school in England. The other day she looked at me and said, "I am excited and sad at the same time...how is that possible?" I feel like that perfectly sums up how Bech and I feel. I am so excited to go home. I don't think I could say it enough. I miss my family so much. But at the same time, I love this place. I love my students. I am starting to feel comfortable here. I am just a huge mix of emotions all at the same time!

Finally, because I know how much more fun picture posts are, here are some pictures of some students at ABCCA. These aren't my Jr. High kids, just some of the other kids that I love and will miss!


Here's Mrs. Ketchum's 3rd grade after recess the other day. I absolutely adore this class. They are just so much fun!


Megan is in front. She did ballet and is in the 4 year old reception class. She has the funniest personality! I think she is the greatest. Today she "plaited" (as she called it) my hair. I wish I could take this little girl (and so many others) home with me, so you all could meet her! You would absolutely adore her!


Here is Megan again, joined by Simone and Kara. Kara is the one sticking out her tongue. All three of these girls took Ballet with me. Simone is a giggler but semi-calm. Kara is another story. She is always all over the place (in a good way). She has boundless energy and boundless hugs.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. We just got our May report and were blown away by your generosity! We were short on our support in April, and expected to be short in May again. But, wow! Ya'll are amazing!

No comments: