Wednesday, June 30, 2010

be prepared for lots of pictures...!

I have been a bad blogger lately. For the past week, we have been staying at the Bech's parents house with their dog. Bech's dad surprised his mom by flying her out to Phoenix where they picked up a white convertible he had bought for her (her dream car). They then drove all the way back to Mississippi.

Anyway, that has kept me away from my computer. But I am posting now! And I have pictures!

2 weekends ago, we went down to Tupelo where Bech was an usher in Mike Ashley's wedding. Mike was a first year MFA ceramics student Bech's last year. They got to be great friends. We loved cooking with Mike then playing Settlers or watching Top Chef. Mike started dating another ceramics student the next year, Laura, and now they are married!

I got to spend some time with my grandmother who lives in Tupelo, and I know Bech loved seeing all of his Ole Miss ceramic friends.

Laura has been accepted to Alfred next year for a MFA in ceramics...it's only 6 or 7 hours from us so we hope to visit at some point!


Here we are enjoying the reception!

Bech and Mike

Mike's parents...we love them!

We got up early Sunday morning to take the Natchez Trace back. We arrived in Brookhaven just in time for church then headed home for a Father's Day lunch (I feel the need to add here that I was LEFT at church! Everyone forgot about me and I didn't have a ride home :( mom came to get me when I called, and it's not like we live that far from the church...but still!). We ate really good boiled gulf shrimp (it may be the last for a while, thanks to BP!), corn, and potatoes. I forgot to take pictures but we had a great time.

We left that afternoon to drive back up to Jackson for a sushi Birthday dinner for Miss Karey (I know, summer is a busy time birthday wise for our two families...and my birthday is Friday and my dad's is Monday). I actually got pictures this time, but I think it's mostly because I wanted to take pictures of all our sushi rolls.


Karey and Mary Elizabeth. Miss Karey hates to have pictures taken so she held up her camera.


Hunter and Farmor.


Bech and his dad


And of course, the food! Here is mine, inside out roll with shrimp, cucumber, avocado, and the spicy sauce! So good!


I think this is Hunters...isn't it pretty?


Maybe Bech's dad's? or Bech's?


Anyway, we had a busy but very fun weekend! Now it's time to pack!!!!!

No comments: