Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blog Award



Yay...I got a blog award! Thanks, Lindsey!

I am supposed to share 7 facts about myself, so here goes...

1. I was a mathelete in Junior High. Like seriously. I actually went to the national Mathcounts competition in DC in 8th grade. I know...how dorky can I get? But I really did like math competitions. Plus, it was great flirting practice! All those dorky guys, very few girls...

2. I was "emo" in high school. People are always surprised by that fact. I think it's because I'm a pretty happy person, so I don't seem like I could have ever been emo. But I was. I was constantly rocking my checkered vans, torn jeans, thrift store shirts, and sweat bands. Plus, I went to a lot of band shows.

I tried to find some pictures to prove this fact, but I don't really have any! This is the best I could do. It's from freshman move in, so on the edge of my emo days. Notice my awesome lego soccer jersey (that I bought at a kids store!) and my checkered vans...man, I loved those things!


3. I used to write an opinions column for The Purple and White, the newspaper at Millsaps. Once I wrote about tolerance, and how if you claim to have tolerance, it's not fair to get upset for other groups for being intolerant. Because that's not tolerant of you. Anyway, I got a hate letter in my mail box signed from Jesus. Seriously, who does that? Not cool. But I kept the letter, and I still have it (somewhere in a memory box).

4. I dream about Malawi all of the time. Seriously, I probably live in or am visiting Malawi at least once a week in my dreams. I just miss it a lot. Bech and I would love to live in Africa again, but we just don't know how our specific skills apply to Africa or Malawi. Maybe Cape Town (because of the University there)...

5. Someday I want to have a Westie named Wilcox (for David Wilcox, one of Bech and my favorite singers).

6. I could eat at Little Tokyo's in Jackson EVERY single day and not get tired of it. I love it that much.

7. My little sister is a page in the US Senate this semester. If you go to c-span.org and click live TV then channel 2, you can watch her. Well you are actually watching the Senate in session, but when nobody is giving a speech, they show the view of the front of the room. And then you can see all of the pages. And there she is. She is almost 6 feet with white blonde hair, so she's pretty hard to miss. Anyway, through watching C-Span, I found the new love of my life:

John Thune, who is actually going to be running for president in the next election. Seriously, how cute is he?


So now I get to pass this award on:



5 comments:

Gamard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gamard said...

#6 <----- THIS!!!! :)

Seriously though, why isn't there any sushi in the ENTIRE WORLD as good as Little Tokyo?

The doTERRA Darling said...

John Thune...he IS cute!

Karen said...

Thune just announced that he is not going to run for president...so sad...I was going to enjoy looking at him in all of the ads! Our little senate contact says that there are lots of senators whose press pictures look way better than they actually look but Thune is even hotter than his pictures...and so nice!

Alison said...

I promise I haven't forgotten to do this!!