Thursday, August 4, 2011

my little chunk...

We had our two month doctors visit on Tuesday. It was 2 1/2 weeks early, because we wanted to get started on his shots before we took him on a plane with tons of people and before he got held by tons of people in Mississippi.

First of all, let me just say that the shots were horrible. Jack is not a screamer. He's not really even big cryer. When he fusses, he is pretty calm about him, compared to most babies. But when he got those shots, he screamed more than I have ever heard him scream before. It was so sad. Then he did a little more of that crying that night before bed (of course, once I swaddled him and put him down he was fine--I guess he was just tired and worked up about it all).

Second, we have a really large baby. He is in the 95th % in weight. He weighs 12 lbs, 12 oz and is 23 inches long. That means that in 2 weeks he has grown and inch and gained almost 2 lbs. Wow. When the assistant weighed Jack, I looked at him and said, "Are you sure? I mean, is that okay? Is that even healthy?" But our doctor assured us that his weight is fine. And I keep reminding myself that since Jack was a week and a half late, his adjusted age is more like 7 1/2 weeks.

We are doing Babywise, and there are a lot of groups out there that don't like it. But one of the main complaints against Babywise is that the babies on it don't eat enough (because it's parent led feeding) and don't thrive. Um, I think we are disproving that theory!

Here are some recent pictures of my little (smiling) chunk!



I love this little "come hither" look.


By the way, this outfit is a 3 - 6 month! But I do think this brand tends to run small.


We love our little guy...can't wait to bring him to the South!

1 comment:

Mary Mel said...

He is so beautiful!