Monday, May 26, 2014

24 Weeks!


I am a slacker!  I didn't post last week (we were in NYC for a week!) and I don't have a picture today.  But here's a fruit picture, which my mother will hate.

How Far Along: 
 
I am 24 weeks today!

 Baby Size:

The baby is 8 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 pounds in weight--about the size of an ear of corn (or a cantelope, according to the picture above).

Maternity Clothes:
 
Yup.  I just ordered a pair of maternity shorts, too.  I feel like I have reached an all time low in doing so, but it's getting hot!  I also need to start looking for a maternity bathing suit.
 
Sleep:

It is so up in the air.  Some nights are great and some nights are awful!

Movement:

My child kicks ALL of the time.  Seriously.  It is really fun, but it does make me worry about him when he comes out...

Best Moment This Week:

Having lots of fun in New York! 

Food Cravings:

Candy!  And cold fountain drinks!  

I know...SO healthy!

Food Aversions:

Most things savory

What I Miss:
 
Snowcones...less than a week.

At the Brooklyn Flea Market on Saturday, there was a cool snowcone booth.  The owners were shaving their own ice and I'm sure the flavors were made from real fruit.  Bech tried to buy me one.  But I didn't want it because I'm going to have MS. GUSSIE'S so soon.  

I think those moments really make Bech question both my sanity and why we are married.

What I Am Looking Forward To:

Being in Mississippi.  And Sonic ice.  And snow cones.  And Smith county watermelon. And sitting on the front porch and rocking.  

I could keep going, but I'll stop.  I think you get the picture.

Milestones:

I've hit the viability point!  

Pregnancy Symptoms:

My hips hurt so much!  We walked a TON in New York, which was great, but my hips are really feeling it.
 
Gender:
 
A boy!

Jack is still having a little trouble with this one.  He tried to argue with me yesterday that the baby was really a girl.  I am so confused...I thought boys wanted little brothers!

Weight Gain:
 
15 pounds.  We ate a ton in NYC but we walked so much so it mostly cancelled out.  Now I need to do the same in Mississippi to cancel out the snowcones...

No comments: