Whew...I need life to calm down! We have had a busy couple of weeks and have a busy week coming up.
Here's what's been going on lately:
* This past week, school was busy! The term is almost over (next week!) so I had several parents email me for conferences. I also have tests and study guides I have been making and grading.
I was nervous for a couple of the conferences. I think the relationship between parents and teachers has really changed in recent years.
Here's a good summary. And I was definitely worried that the conferences would follow these lines. But they were great! The parents are totally on my side in how to deal with their kids, and I loved getting to talk to them! What a blessing!
* This past weekend was Bech's 10th high school reunion. We had fun. I was surprised by how many of his classmates I knew. I enjoyed meeting new ones, as well. I don't want to do it every weekend, but it was enjoyable.
* We got to spend lots of time with Bech's family this past weekend. We have seen his parents recently, but we also got to see his brothers, sister-in-law, and grandmother. Jack LOVED the attention and did great the whole weekend.
* Speaking of my little man, he is getting his molars! He has been sort of quiet and calm lately. I was worried that he was getting sick, but I now know the culprit.
* Sunday, I went to Highlands, my childhood church, with my sister. I love being back there--so many old friends and good memories. Plus, it was a missions Sunday. I always get so emotional at those, but I loved it. Check out this video they made of some of their missionaries.
The best part is the missionaries at the end--the Bonhams and Kines! Nikki Travis Bonham and I grew up in youth group together. The families left two weeks ago for Bogota, Columbia. I am so excited for them and for their future work.
* Yesterday felt like fall here! I LOVED it. I ran by the store after work and grabbed some ingredients to make chili for dinner. Bech and I ate chili while I burned an apple pie scented candle. The perfect end to a fall day!
* This weekend, we are headed to God's country--Oxford, Mississippi. I plan on seeing friends, spending time in the grove, eating Bottletree Bakery, and hanging out with my dad and sister. To say I can't wait would be an understatement!
Plus, it's going to be chilly Saturday night. I plan on wearing some tights and boots to the grove!
That's what we've been up to. Right now, I need to get to work on narratives for the end of the term. Any other teachers have to do narratives for each student?