Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jack--18 Months

Do you remember when I used to do month updates on Jack?  Yeah, me neither.  

Seriously, though, I loved doing those.  I don't really keep a baby book, so the blog is sorta my baby book on Jack.  I love to look back at those posts and remember what he was doing at various times.

I didn't want to keep up the once a month for Jack after he turned one, but I meant to do it every three months.  But 15 months is waaay past.  So we will pick it back up at 18 months.

A year and a half!


Jack is about 26 pounds.  He wears 18 to 24 month clothes (although we do have a few 2T's that he wears).  He wears size 6 shoes.  His cloth diapers are on the longest settings, and he wears size 4 in disposables.

He is such a good sleeper.  He goes down about 7 p.m., and will sleep to 6:45 or 7 in the morning.  He naps for 2 to 3 hours in the middle of the day.


He is, as usual, a great little eater.  He eats a ton of table food.  If I can, I try to make dinner for Bech and me before he goes to bed.  That way he gets to eat adult food.  Honestly, though, his favorite food is typical toddler food--pb&j sandwhiches, goldfish, graham crackers.  He drinks milk and watered down juice

He goes to daycare and LOVES it.  He has sweet sweet teachers and does really well there.  He usually naps well there, too.  He has had a few biting incidents, but I am hoping he is growing out of that phase.


We still do signs with him.  He uses: more, all done (which he says along with signing), please, thank you, and milk.  "Please" and "thank you" are so abstract that we usually prompt him to say those.  But this month, he started saying them on his own!

He has so many new words!  He can say: mama, dada, Doc, Bella, Nina, Nana, Papa, all done, ball, car, truck, bath, Jack, Coco (daycare teacher), meow, woof, moo, dog, cat, hey, bye bye, juice, uh oh, no, yes.

I am sure there are a few more, but that's all I can remember right now! 

Another fun thing is how much Jack can understand now.  When we talk to him, he understands a lot of what we are saying.  It is fun to ask him to bring us things or to get him to point out his nose, hair, etc.


Jack is OBSESSED with Thomas.  His aunt and uncle gave him a wooden train with 3 cars for Christmas last year.  This fall he started playing with it a lot, so I let him watch a Thomas movie on Netflix.  That was it...everything else ceased to exist for Jack.  This boy loves his Thomas.  He literally wakes up in the morning saying "Da-das?"  He has a Thomas set, Thomas plate and bowl, Thomas books, Thomas pj's, Thomas bath toys, the list could go on for days... 

He also loves cars, blocks, books, and puzzles.  He loves putting puzzles together.  It is so fun to watch his little brain at work.


We are loving this stage Jack is in.  He is so much fun.  He constantly makes us laugh (and he laughs with us!).  But he such a cuddle bug, giving kisses and hugs and sitting in our laps.

Jack, you are absolutely precious.  Your daddy and I love you so much.  We can't wait for a lifetime of joy from you!

No comments: