Monday, January 28, 2013

This Weekend...

Well it's Monday and we are back in the swing of things around here.  We had a wonderful, busy weekend!

We started things off Thursday night.  Bech's coworkers came over, and I made yummy sweet potato soup.  We played Settlers of Catan--Bech and I hadn't played since last spring! (If you know us, you know that's a LONG time!)

Friday night, Bech taught a class at Workshop, a local pottery co-op.  I fed, bathed, and put Jack to sleep, then caught up on my Bones watching!

Saturday morning, Jack woke us up bright and early (okay, I'm totally complaining--it was like 7:30).  Bech suggested heading to Coffee Call, a local Baton Rouge beignet place.  SO good.  It was like a calmer Cafe du Monde.


Here's Jack's "cheese" face.


This boy can put down some beignets!  We have a little Louisiana boy on our hands!

Also, can we just talk about this outfit?  Yes, I know...my child is in denim.  It's a big deal.  But seriously, the cuteness.  I could die.  If you can't tell, the overalls have embroidered trains on them!

We stopped at Whole Foods for groceries on the way home.  Little man is slightly anemic, so we wanted to get some meat for him.  Whole Foods actually sells grass fed beef and free range chicken, so we made that fit in our weekly grocery budget this week.

Saturday night, we played a dice game with our neighbors.  I don't think I've talked about them before. They have a boy a day younger than Jack, which has been great.  The boys play together a lot, we swap free babysitting, and we love to hang out, too!  It's a great situation.

Sunday, after church, we stayed for a potluck.  I absolutely LOVE our church here.  There are so many people our age.  It's a small group, which makes it easy to try to know everyone.

When we got home (almost 2 hours after Jack's normal nap time!), Jack ended up sleeping for 3 1/2 hours!  Ah-mazing.  Bech and I both took super long naps too.  

We ended the weekend with yummy chicken, acorn squash and lime salsa verde tacos.  I have incredible husband who makes amazing food.

It's Spiritual Emphasis Week at my school, which means things will be a little busier than usual.  But only 2 more weeks until Mardi Gras break!

No comments: