Friday, October 10, 2014

Playing Catch Up

Yesterday morning, my mom, brother, and grandparents left us and headed to DC (to visit my sister).  We have had visitors here for 3 weeks and 2 days...whew!  This has been so different from after Jack's birth.  Because Jack was late and I was in the hospital for 5 days, we had visitors just for the first week.  

This time, Bech's mom came for a week.  The day she flew out, my mom got here and was here for a week and a half.  Then last Friday, my dad, brother, and grandparents drove up from Mississippi.  My dad flew back on Tuesday, and the rest of the gang is driving to DC for a few days then on home.



It has been so nice to have so much help!  Both moms were AMAZING!  And then I felt up to speed enough when the rest of the visitors came to show them around Happy Valley.

Friends keep saying I look great, and I keep telling them to wait until the guests leave and I am doing it on my own.  Then we will see how well I handle this two kids thing!

Even though Bech and I (and, of course, Jack!) were sad to see them go, we are excited about getting into the swing of things as a family of four.  

And I am ready to get this little boy on a schedule!  We have fallen into a fairly consistent eating schedule (every 2 1/2 hours during the day), but haven't done that with naps.  I just let him sleep in everyone's arms or the carseat (if we were on the road).  I wouldn't have done that with Jack, but I knew that I could get Gil into a schedule as soon as everyone was gone.  



Yesterday, Gil did amazing napping on schedule!  Seriously, I was so amazed!  I was rocking him to sleep, which I won't always do, but I was so impressed by how well he napped and how sweet he was all day.  He has been fussier than Jack was at this age, and I chalked it up to just being a different type of baby.  But I think he was fussy because he was tired!

Last night, Bech taught a classmate's ceramics class (his classmate was sick), so I did bedtime all by myself.  It went really well!  I know that there will be harder bedtimes, but I think God was being kind to me in giving me an easy first one.


Today, Gil is doing great on napping already, and I even ventured out grocery shopping with him.  I'm not brave enough to try to shop with both boys, though!  I'm about to curl up in bed for a quick nap (sleep when the baby sleeps!), and then maybe do some tidying up.

This weekend we have a few fun fall activities planned, which I am super excited about.  I will try to actually take pictures!  Poor Gil does not have the amount of pictures that Jack did!


1 comment:

Liz T. said...

You'll get there with the grocery shopping with both boys! I just wear Will and put Michael either in the car cart or up top in the cart and it is pretty easy! I waited until maybe 4-5 weeks old though since I wasn't supposed to lift Michael (technically til 6w but I broke the rules ha!) good luck! Timing is the hardest part!