Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm still alive...

...but just barely!

No, that's not totally true!  I had my first day of school yesterday and I survived.  But I was EXHAUSTED by the time it was over.  Today went a lot more smoothly.  I didn't have to check the schedule every second, I remembered some of the students names, I wasn't completely wiped out by the end of the day.

It is tough to be a teacher!  I have been at school for the past week and a half every day for school or training, then I come home and work on lesson plans (oh, and let's be honest, some Olympic watching!).

I am teaching 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students--that's a lot of names to remember!  My students are (for the most part) sweet.  I can already tell I am going to have some students that will be a little bit of a handful.  But I have my eye on them and we will nip that in the bud pretty quickly!


Jack and I before the first day of school.


Check out Jack's new kicks!  Couldn't you just eat him up in them?

We have gotten a good amount of stuff done around the house lately.  Today we got our dining room chairs in.  When I find a chance to breathe, I will post pics...I LOVE them!

3 comments:

Katie Furr said...

I'm so glad it went well! That first day can be so overwhelming.
You have my prayers, especially teaching that age span. Hope you have a wonderful year!

Biba and Ralph said...

Marley, you look GREAT! And Jack's sneakers... so sweet. Miss you guys!

Casey said...

You look gorgeous! That's a great color on you! And Jack is too cute for words, as always. :)