Remember when I actually updated?
Remember when I actually had time to update?
Yeah, me neither.
Needless to say, we have been busy around here! I actually have a little bit of time to relax because Jack is sleeping. He had a fever this morning, so we had to bring him home. Bech came and got him and missed part of the morning at work; I got a sub for 8th period and came as soon I was finished with my other classes. I don't know whats going on with Jack--he hasn't had a fever since he got home, but he took a 2 hour morning nap and he's been sleeping for 2 1/2 this afternoon.
Unfortunately, that means one of us is going to have to stay home with him tomorrow...we haven't figured that one out, yet!
Other than that, life is good. Very busy, but good. Here's what's been going on/random Baton Rouge observations:
1. Our neighbors are about our age and have a boy 1 day younger than Jack. We are doing babysitting swaps with them. A week and a half ago, they watched Jack and we went out for some sushi! We found a great place here in Baton Rouge. It's not Little Tokyo, but it's pretty yummy.
2. Bech was in a car wreck this past Saturday. He is fine, it wasn't his fault, but the car is a little banged up. I am so proud of him--he got on the phone Monday morning with USAA (the best insurance ever), dropped his truck off at a local body shop, and got a rental car. So hopefully the truck will be fixed soon!
3. I am still enjoying teaching, and still working hard! I know that in another week or two I will get ahead enough in lesson plans/quizzes/handouts/etc. that I won't have to do much work at home. The only problem is I teach 1st through 4th, have three periods off, then teach 8th again. So I will always have to do a little work at home, just to prepared for what I'm teaching!
4. I have been listening to the radio some on the way to and from school...and I have heard "Pour Some Sugar on Me" 6 times in the past week and a half! Really??? Any Baton Rouge readers want to enlighten me on this? Why this song? Is Def Leppard from here? Anyway, don't worry, I promptly change the station when it comes on.
5. Jack is such a boy. His nickname at daycare is "Destructo." He can tear up a room in 5 seconds flat. Oh goodness...
6. 1 1/2 until my translation comprehensive test...AHHH!!! Bech and Jack are going to New Orleans this weekend, and I am going to stay home and get some hardcore studying/translating done. I'm sad that I won't be with them, but I need to work on this!
That's all I've got. Hope everyone is having a great week so far!